• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Enforcement Letter , Visit to Premises , Please Advice me .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enforcement Letter , Visit to Premises , Please Advice me .

Hello All,

Yesterday, we received a letter, out of blue (because we dont know any outstanding charge) saying the following :

The letter says -

Newlyn Reference number

Client Reference number

Outstanding : Road traffic

Due to : Borough council name ( where we never lived but visited our friends many times)

NOTICE OF ENFORCEMENT AGENT VISIT TO YOUR PREMISES

TOTAL OUTSTANDING £512.00

A CERTIFICATED ENFORCEMENT AGENT HAS ATTENDED YOUR PREMISES WITH THE INTENTION OF TAKING CONTROL OF GOODS AND REMOVING THOSE GOODS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TRIBUNALS, COURTS AND ENFORCEMENT ACT 2007.

YOU MUST CONTACT THE REMOVAL AGENT IN CHARGE IMMEDIATELY TO AVOID FURTHER ENFORCEMENT ACTION.

PLEASE QUOTE YOUR NEWLY REFERENCE NUMBER WHEN YOU CALL.

DO NOT IGNORE THIS LETTER

CONTACT ME NOW - and a name and phone number given.

-----------------------

This is all the letter says.

I have not reveived any letters before this regarding any debts.

I always try and pay off council charges if at all regaring parking and road traffic issues.

Never ever ignored any charges.

And i am so scared , and couldnt sleep all night thinking what to do.

Please could you kindly help me and advice me on what i should you, i am really grateful for your time and any advice .

Many Many Thanks in advance,

Kindest regards,
    Shameela.
    Tags: None

Re: Enforcement Letter , Visit to Premises , Please Advice me .

it may be a bus lane issue? send a text to the agent to find out do not open the door video everything

Comment

Ok sure , thank you so much for replying. I shall do that.
      and update here.

What should I do next?
      If it is a bus lane issue, would we not get the letters in post and photographic evidence?

Please advice.
      Many Many Thanks,
      Kindest regards

Comment

Originally posted by shameela View Post
        Ok sure , thank you so much for replying. I shall do that.
        and update here.

What should I do next? If it is a bus lane issue, would we not get the letters in post and photographic evidence?

Please advice.
        Many Many Thanks,
        Kindest regards
        The debt is for a London parking contravention (hence the debt being £512). If you had not received any of the previous notices, then it will almost certainly be the case that all notices had been sent to a previous address.

Have you moved home in the past year or so?

Did you update your V5C with DVLA when you moved?

If you had not received any previous notices, then the correct route is for you to submit an Out of Time witness statement with the Traffic Enforcement Centre. All bailiff enforcement will then be halted for a few weeks whilst your application is considered.

You cannot submit the application without having details of the contravention and the PCN number. I would suggest that you call the local authority first thing in the morning. You need to ask them what address they had been sending all notices to.

Comment

Hi Milo,

We moved in Dec 2014 for 6months and changed the V5C document to that address .
          But we moved again in June2015 And as you mentioned we genuinely forgot to update V5C with DVLA until April 2016.
          we are living at the same address since June 2015 till date.
          Not sure what should i do now, its a honest mistake that slipped out of mind.
          So that could be the reason.

We do not have any details of contravention and PCN number. So emailed the London Borough for the details.

I shall update here.
          Please may i know how to correctly draft the Out of Time Witness statement with Traffic Enforcement Centre .

Many Thanks for all your help,
          Kind regards.

Comment

Hi All,

An update on our case.

We got the PCN number from council.
            Looked up on website.
            Yes it was Bus lane offence , but was from End of 2015
            They said, they sent letters and reminders - which we haven't received.
            I can understand till April 2016 the correspondence went to old address, but they denied sending to old address, and confirmed that they sent to new address.(Honestly haven't received one, God knows where they went.)
            The council passed on to Debt Collection Agency. (Newlyn Plc)
            Newlyn customer services said they sent reminder last year September ( Again we didn't receive)
            Newlyn said £277 outstanding, if we pay that off, they would cancel everything against us. Other wise a CCJ (I don't know what it is)
            would be issued.
            It all felt quite intense and I wanted to end that.
            And WE DID PAY £277.
            But, asked for evidence, which they don't have. (But as I saw on council website, I didn't stress to send me one)
            I have asked them to send the Receipt, Case closure letter and everything else they have.(Just to document), which they said , they would.
            So that is it.

Thanks for your help.
            Regards.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X