• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell/three court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell/three court claim

Hi all
    I recently recieived a court claim from Lowell Solicitors on behalf of Three mobile. This was issued 14th February. It is with regard to an historic contract that I believed was settled a long time ago. I acknowledged the claim straight away and asked for the original agreement. I understood that I had 28 days from the acknowledgement. I have now recieved corespondance from Lowells dated 24th February citing that telecommunications are not covered by the CCA 1974 but they can confirm that the original agreement was taken out on 17th Dec 2011 and last payment was June 2012.
    They have Attached a notice of assignment dated 8th March 2015. I have not seeen this before. They have also stated that the deed of assignment will not be sent to me as it is a confidential agreement between them and the original creditor to which I am not entitled to see. They have stated that no other agreement/deed of Novation exists beteween me and their client. They say that I need to claim before 14th March otherwise they will apply for a CCj. Please can someone advise?

Many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell/three court claim

Hi mags

Apologies for missing your post, I have moved it to the court claim forum so you should get some help with this now.

You will be needing to put in your defence - there is an example http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...t-Court-Claims

The CCA may not apply as this is a mobile contract however they still have to evidence their claim. Do you have any paperwork around from Three from when you thought the debt was finished with ? It may well be worth ( once you have put in a defence) sending a Subject Access Request to Three to get hold of your information, balances etc - or you might find out the basics if you give Three a ring ?

Did you originally follow the ''three letter process'' from GOODF ? Just wondering as we don't ask for the Deed of Novation etc so would just like to check what letters you have actually sent since receiving the claim - should be the CPR 31.14 request for documents mentioned in the statement of case?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Hi mags

Apologies for missing your post, I have moved it to the court claim forum so you should get some help with this now.

You will be needing to put in your defence - there is an example http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...t-Court-Claims

The CCA may not apply as this is a mobile contract however they still have to evidence their claim. Do you have any paperwork around from Three from when you thought the debt was finished with ? It may well be worth ( once you have put in a defence) sending a Subject Access Request to Three to get hold of your information, balances etc - or you might find out the basics if you give Three a ring ?

Did you originally follow the ''three letter process'' from GOODF ? Just wondering as we don't ask for the Deed of Novation etc so would just like to check what letters you have actually sent since receiving the claim - should be the CPR 31.14 request for documents mentioned in the statement of case?
      Hi
      I only asked for the oringinal CCA as do not know about the Three letter process. Shall I jus go ahead and sumbit the defence now?
      Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mags43 View Post
        Hi
        I only asked for the oringinal CCA as do not know about the Three letter process. Shall I jus go ahead and sumbit the defence now?
        Many thanks
        Given that you have now a very limited time to file a defence see the link @Amethyst gave you in post #2. get a defence draft done and post here so someone can go through it with you.

When was the last payment on this account and what is the default date on your credit reference files ( you can check Clear Score and Noddle free online.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
          Given that you have now a very limited time to file a defence see the link @Amethyst gave you in post #2. get a defence draft done and post here so someone can go through it with you.

When was the last payment on this account and what is the default date on your credit reference files ( you can check Clear Score and Noddle free online.

nem

Hi
          I am not sure but have now been given an order to fill out an actions questionalirre for a small claims track. I had this a few days ago but thought it was just for my infoe as the questions on it did not make clear. I thought it was for a solicitor to fill out. I left it and now bben given a court oder to fill it out straight away? I have to get it in asap. what does this mean?

Comment

Hi mags43

When you acknowledged the claim, did you enter any dialogue in the 'defence' box?
            If so, the court may have taken this as your filed defence.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by mags43 View Post
              Hi
              I am not sure but have now been given an order to fill out an actions questionalirre for a small claims track. I had this a few days ago but thought it was just for my infoe as the questions on it did not make clear. I thought it was for a solicitor to fill out. I left it and now bben given a court oder to fill it out straight away? I have to get it in asap. what does this mean?
              Okay did you log back in to MCOL after doing your acknowledgment and submit your defence? Maybe have a check what emails you have from MCOL confirming submissions. You will need to complete the directions questionnaire but need to know what you put as your defence to know whether you need ask for specific directions to fix any issue.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X