• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Solicitors vs Capital One old CC debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell Solicitors vs Capital One old CC debt

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
    Hi

So you have two things going on
    1) the claim ( which is the most important IMO)
    2) Reclaiming charges

How is the claim going, I assume you acknowledged the claim and sent off your CCA request and CPR31.14 request
    Have you had anything back

Also when you look through the details of the SAR you it should show records of when the default notice was issued or when the account was sold.

Also did you receive everything you asked for or did the letter from Capital One claim to know what you wanted and said there may be more?

I know SARS are not the easiest thing to read but worth looking at
    I paid the claim a couple of days after I received it as I did not want to risk getting a CCJ.
    I sent off the CCA and CPR request and received responses from both Lowells and Capital One.
    Confirmation from Lowells saying they bought the debt,a s well as a letter confirming they had received payment and no further court action would proceed.

I received a 3 inch pack of paperwork from Capital with EVERYTHING including the default letter that was sent at the time.
    Lowells said they cannot send me a copy of the "Deed of Assignment" as it is a confidential agreement between them and their client.

Comment

OK

Well in that case get claiming the charges back.

Comment

Thank you

Is my draft letter above ok?

Comment

Also wanted to add that there was PPI on the account. I had cancelled it after about two years though and they sent me a copy of the form I had completed and posted to them. I had ticked the box.It was not an online forms. They also sent me a copy of the message I sent to them asking them to cancel the PPI.

Comment

I am afraid i know very little about reclaiming charges and PPI
            [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] might know who is the expert

Comment

Originally posted by *worried* View Post
              Also wanted to add that there was PPI on the account. I had cancelled it after about two years though and they sent me a copy of the form I had completed and posted to them. I had ticked the box.It was not an online forms. They also sent me a copy of the message I sent to them asking them to cancel the PPI.
              You can do by just writing to the creditor with the details of the account and why you consider the PPI was missold e.g. you were told you had to have it to get the credit or you were otherwise covered.

nem

Comment

Hi everyone. So, I have gone through the process of making attempts to reclaim the credit card charges and Capital One have come back to say they will not be refunding anything.

I am now ready to start the proceedings through the small claims court.

Can someone point me to the most recent particulars of claim for reclaiming credit card charges please?

Thank you.

Comment

Their response these days and the FOS agree with them stating lies of actual events.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                    Their response these days and the FOS agree with them stating lies of actual events.
                    So what does this mean? I should not pursue a claim?

Comment

no means I have been there in the last week or so thru Cap one and the FOS, = as far as a court claim that is another area of choice -yours, but comment states responses from the other two out-lets seem to be they are in colusion.

sure as far as clourt claims somebody should be able to advise that method with up to date information?

Comment

Ok.
                        I have never been to the FOS for any claims as I have always thought they would take the other side.
                        I have searched the forum and can't see where anyone has made court claims for Credit Card charges in the last couple of years.
                        Would be nice to see what other recent experiences have been like.

I have particulars from years back, but I don't know if they still apply or if there have been changes in the last few years.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X