• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Kafkaesque v LOWEL PORTFOLIO I LTD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kafkaesque v LOWEL PORTFOLIO I LTD

Also whats the worst case timescales with this? if I get a CCJ and I don't pay how long before the bailiffs come knocking? Or actually a high court order gaining entry?
    The reason I ask is I'm ill and getting really tired of this really quickly (which is what they want I guess) but as I plan to leave the UK in the next year is it worth wasting any more time on this?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkaesque View Post
      HI Di

Sorry what's CRA?
      Sorry it stands for Credit Reference Agency such as Equifax or Experian (Noddle is free but doesn't always show everything).

You can do this online in a nanosecond.

If the entry is not showing then it won't give you proof that it was settled though because you're looking for something to show it was settled (if you follow me).

Di

Comment

Also whats the worst case timescales with this? if I get a CCJ and I don't pay how long before the bailiffs come knocking? Or actually a high court order gaining entry?
        The reason I ask is I'm ill and getting really tired of this really quickly
        I can see this is upsetting and has brought back bad memories, you but once you've got some proof to present to Lowells and/or the court you'll begin to feel things are working for you not against you.

I don't foresee bailiffs knocking on your door.

If you file a Defence (the forum will help you to compose it) then you will be offered free telephone Mediation if the Claimant decided to continue with the proceedings. But if your Defence is strong (and you believe it is) then they may discontinue the claim once they read it.

Di

Comment

OK thanks DI.

I can try I guess but these CRA are normally useless as I moved around so much and in/out the UK.
          I also can't see the point if I have chat records from vodafone which say I owe the money. Why would they update the CRA file if they still think I owe them and then sell the debt to lowell?
          I think the odds of them updating the CRA file with the 2012 settlement (or payoff or whatever it was) are less than a nanosecond

Comment

I reckon a call to Vodafone might help - if this is the same debt as the contract you cancelled and got refunded for, then Vodafone have cocked up by keeping it on their system when it should have been cancelled and removed - could just be a communication error between legal and accounts - worth a try speaking to them.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Wow the lowest trustpilot score ever (?) https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.vodafone.co.uk

Comment

ooo that's not good. I've never used them. Good decision it seems.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi kafkaesque,

I've just replied to your message.

Thanks,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
                  I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

Great! Thank you. I have emailed you all private info - shout if you need more.

Comment

Hi kafkaesque,

I've got your email and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
                      I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

How's this going?

You need to keep an eye on your Defence filing deadline. It's 33 days from the claim Issue Date.

The court won't know you've been liaising with Vodafone so the timetable continues regardless.

You may need to keep Lowells in the loop too.

Di

Comment

Morning Diana

I haven't been so well so sorry for lack of updates.
                          So using the date calculator from your 33 days I make the deadline Saturday 8th April? Is that correct.

I plan on pasting my defence here later today - would you be able to look it over please before I file it?

Comment

I plan on pasting my defence here later today - would you be able to look it over please before I file it?
                            I think it's wise to file a Defence to protect your legal position. The court will then send a copy of it to the Claimant.

If you post it on your thread someone will take a look at it for you. Remove any details which could identify you first.

Have Vodafone given you the background information you need?

Depending on what you discover you may wish to invite Lowells to discontinue the claim. If you file your Defence before you do that then they won't be able to re-issue the claim without permission of the court if they do decide to Discontinue.

Di

Comment

Thanks.

No info from Vodafone vet - Lee just keeps emailing me twice a week with "your complaint remains under investigation"

Could you please confirm the deadline of 8th April from the 6 March issue date is correct please?

Last edited by kafkaesque; 31st March 2017, 10:03:AM.

Comment

8th April It is

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X