• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Kafkaesque v LOWEL PORTFOLIO I LTD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kafkaesque v LOWEL PORTFOLIO I LTD

just ring the court to confirm in say 5 days time, forget cost just get on with your life what cost anyway?

Comment

Thanks. Costs are for my time and the stress. I think I am upto about 100hrs on this now. Also its the principle of it - this is the second time I have had a load of hassle from Vodafone - maybe if more claimed costs they would check there facts before launching legal action? I think making them pay is the only way to make them understand the aggravation this caused me...

Comment

not vodaphone they sold the case to lowells? wish we could all claim cost for our time - would be nice - very rare prior to a case settlement on small claims. your case discontinued prior to any court actual case.

Comment

Yes but they shouldn't of as I had returned the phone. They just didn't update there own systems. This is also has implications for data protection... surely got to be worth a £25 claim via MCOL for my reasonable costs?

Comment

Could make a formal complaint and see what response you get, just a thought details of CEO etc below: - bye good luck

Vodafone Group Plc
            Mr Vittorio Colao Chief Executive
            Email vittorio.colao@vodafone.com
            Telephone 01635 33251
            Website http://www.vodafone.com
            Postal Address Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN
            Company Number 01833679

Comment

The case with Lowell is finished now you have a notice of discontinuance. With regards Vodafone I think you should make a formal complaint to them about their handling of your original complaint and resolution thereof, and allowing the ''debt'' to be sold on to Lowell which resulted in the court claim. It was their error and they should compensate you for it, in my view. Don't just go bunging a claim for compensation in, it wouldn't work unless you go through the complaints procedure first so I'd write to them formally and list out exactly what this has cost you in time/stress etc. and potentially take it to the ombudsman before any court claim for compensation.

You could write to Lowell and ask them for wasted costs as they discontinued after you submitted your defence, but it would be quite minimal and wouldn't be very satisfactory really with regards the fact it was Vodafone's cock up, not Lowells.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you for the advice Amethyst.

Yes I suppose its a coincidence that lowell discontinued after I filed a defence?! Again I suspect that they rely upon most people being bullied into paying. When you say quite minimal whats your estimate on the max figure I could claim wasted costs for?

I will email Lee the vodafone rep for the formal complaints procedure.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkaesque View Post
                  I suppose its a coincidence that lowell discontinued after I filed a defence?! Again I suspect that they rely upon most people being bullied into paying. When you say quite minimal whats your estimate on the max figure I could claim wasted costs for?

I will email Lee the vodafone rep for the formal complaints procedure.
                  I agree with Amethyst on this. Your quarrel is with Vodafone not Lowells. Use their complaints procedure and ask for compensation for 'stress and inconvenience'.

If you're not satisfied with the outcome you can refer it to the Ombudsman Services - Communications. Here's some information on how that works > https://www.ombudsman-services.org/s...communications

I totally sympathise with your anger and upset. This claim should never have been issued.

You need closure as much as you need financial compensation. I hope Vodafone help you to get both.

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X