• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Taking Court Action Against Vodafone - Remove Default Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Taking Court Action Against Vodafone - Remove Default Notice

Just read MSE thread from OP I am no expert but have to say Vodafone are useless if their reps who post on there are real I think they are deliberately avoiding the problem . How can so many emails be sent and not received by the OP? I note in one post LEE says he has no access to the PM service is this a joke they have the OPs address phone number can they not send a recorded letter cost pennies or is this multi billion pound company strapped for cash as well as lacking in customer service???????????

Comment

I have contacted Lee from Vodafone Social Media again through this forum and I'm hoping this time round will be more fruitful than the last. I have clear questions that need to be addressed, even if he can't provide an answer.

Hopefully he can make amends for the mess Vodafone created on the other Forum.

Comment

I would personally hold no hope out for either Lee or the CEO (which is probably palmed off to their executive team) resolving it. The fact that your notes show the account has been flagged three times and they noted no fraudulent account plus the fact that legal have had their say on the matter, unless someone in a senior position with authority overrides all of this, nothing is likely to happen. This is of course from my own experience and I would like to think something would change but given the circumstances, court action in this case may be the only option.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
          I would personally hold no hope out for either Lee or the CEO (which is probably palmed off to their executive team) resolving it. The fact that your notes show the account has been flagged three times and they noted no fraudulent account plus the fact that legal have had their say on the matter, unless someone in a senior position with authority overrides all of this, nothing is likely to happen. This is of course from my own experience and I would like to think something would change but given the circumstances, court action in this case may be the only option.
          It seems inevitable. I am hoping Lee will at least respond and either tell me when the court case is or tell me why he can't tell me. I do not expect him to be able to resolve this situation as he previous responses were woefully inadequate.

I am drafting a final demand letter and will post it on here before sending, unless you think this is unwise? I will then instigate court proceedings if the letter is not replied to sufficiently.

Comment

Hi Abbie,

I've just replied to your last PM.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
            I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

Email sent as requested, please let me know when you have reviewed it.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hi Abbie,

I've received your email and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
                I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Vodafone Company Rep View Post

I've received your email and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
                  Hi Lee,

Do you know when I am likely to hear back from you regarding this?

Comment

Originally posted by AbbieA View Post
                    Hi Lee,

As usual days to sort out a problem should be able to access your file easily or get someone more senior to look crap customer service again

Comment

Originally posted by AbbieA View Post
                      Hi Lee,

From what I can see from this thread the complaint/issue was raised with Lee on Friday. Since then there has been a weekend.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                        From what I can see from this thread the complaint/issue was raised with Lee on Friday. Since then there has been a weekend.

Di
                        The issue was actually first raised with Lee on the 13th March, and with numerous other Vodafone employees going as far back as July 2015.

I don't think its unreasonable to politely ask when I might hear back from Lee? I am aware there has been a weekend.

Comment

Vodafone shut down at the weekend?

With respect to DIANA M LB doesn't make excuses for large companies

Comment

[MENTION=19723]Lee Vodafone Company Rep[/MENTION];

Is there any news on the criminal case in which Abbie's account is involved ?

Even without the criminal case this account should be written off and the default removed from her credit file. Vodafone seem to have plenty of evidence that the account was fraudulent and it is entirely unfair that Abbie's credit file is destroyed through no fault of her own, having goodness only knows what kind of consequences on the rest of her financial situation. https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...-hsbc-pc-world // http://www.hardwicke.co.uk/insights/...urkin-decision ,for example.
                            Mr Durkin’s damages of £8,000 were general damages for the injury to his credit. On the facts, he failed in his claim for damages allegedly suffered as a result of his adverse credit rating.However, it is clear that such claims are now possible and could be substantial.
                            1. No, I have never held a Vodafone account.

2. No. I have asked numerous times (all recorded) for any and all information relating to the setting up of this account and copies of the ID and supporting documents (both proof of signature and proof of address) used to open this account. They have repeatedly ignored this request. I had hoped that this information would be included in the DPA requested documents but it wasn't.

3. I believe that the address used was different from mine. I never received any correspondence to my actual address until after the fraud was discovered. It was a nightmare even getting Vodafone to discuss the account with me as I could not pass the DPA questions.

4. I have kept all correspondence from all parties, including the bank and the police. I have a crime reference number from the police and a brief explanation from the bank saying that they have investigated the DDI and found that the signature on it is fraudulent. As a result they recovered all monies paid (not sure if I mentioned it previously but the fraud was discovered when I noticed that money had been leaving my account each month, wish I'd noticed sooner!).

5. I have no connection with Portugal whatsoever.

From what the police said at the time of the investigation they seemed to think that my bank details had been compromised. I have my suspicions because there was a 'company' when I was at uni offering a small fee for 'market research'. The guy seemed professional and many people filled in his questionnaire, he asked for a sort code and account number to send the payment. It was maybe 2 months after this that the account was set up. I feel very naive for having fallen for this and for not noticing the money coming out for so long, and believe me I have taken a lot of stick for it! Its one of the reasons that I feel so bad about it!

Thanks again for all your help. I will draft a final demand letter this evening and post it on here (redacted, obviously). I am happy to pay the fees to have this heard in court as I feel the evidence is pretty damning. I just want to ensure that it is done properly.
                            Also http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...413-30-10-2014
                            Last edited by Amethyst; 19th September 2017, 07:48:AM.
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                              With respect to DIANA M LB doesn't make excuses for large companies

It wasn't an excuse it was an explanation

Diana M

Comment

I stand by my previous post in that it is unlikely this matter is going to be resolved unless court proceedings are issued against them. It is then that they will have to actually do something about it, though I am not sure what defence they will have if they have knowledge that there is doubt as to the accounts authenticity.

Vodafone are atrocious at the best of times and if I recall have been named worst for customer service in the past couple of years, and this doesn't seem to be any exception. I doubt the OP would get damages near the same outlined in Durkin but it would be plausible that given this has taken over two years and Vodafone have only now appear to have accepted the account may be fraudulent, a minimum of £750 but possibly up to a couple of thousand should she choose to claim that much.

The ball really is in the OP's court especially if it is true that the matter was first raised with Lee in March and we are now 6 months on.
                                If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                                LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                                Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X