• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Northern Parking Services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Parking Services

Has this pcn been issued legally or illegaly?
    I am currently awaiting a reply from Erewash Borough Council as to wether or not NPS has planning permission for the erection and use of ANPR and signage at Cross Street retail park,Long Eaton.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Northern Parking Services

Why was it issued illegally? They can issue it though it might not be valid but not illegal.

For the signs it's Advertising consent, lack of which is a criminal offence.

Haven't I seen this query in another place? And the answers given.

I would check that NTK for POFA paragraph 9 compliance

Comment

You have seen it on Pepipoo but I can't upload the image,so I uploaded it here.do NPS need planning permission for the under according to the town and Country act??.

Comment

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...526#post636526

Looks like a case where there was a ticket on the vehicle and this is the follow up notice to keeper. It fails to meet PoFA requirements and should result in a win at popla unless you let them know who was driving.

M1

Comment

What are the PoFA requirements that it does not meet.I need to get an appeal in within the next 2 days, and use what information I have .Many thanks

Comment

If this is just an appeal to the PPC to get a POPLA code then just appeal agaist insufficient signage and failure to comply with POFA to hold you, the keeper, liable. Your appeal will be rejected but you will get a POPLA code. You then have 28 days to formulate your POPLA appeal. That's presuming they are BPA members.

Comment

Use the appeal template provided.

As for POFA

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...dule/4/enacted

(f)warn the keeper that if, after the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice is given
              (i)the amount of the unpaid parking charges specified under paragraph (d) has not been paid in full, and
              (ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver,the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid;

(4)The notice must be given by
              (a)handing it to the keeper, or leaving it at a current address for service for the keeper, within the relevant period; or
              (b)sending it by post to a current address for service for the keeper so that it is delivered to that address within the relevant period.

(5)The relevant period for the purposes of sub-paragraph (4) is the period of 14 days beginning with the day after that on which the specified period of parking ended.

There may be others but that is plenty.

M1

Comment

just received a replt from Erewash Borough Council that Northern Parking Services DO NOT have planning permission for the ANPR cameras.

Comment

And as responded to on Pepipoo this does not affect the validity of the NTK.

Comment

Advertising consent for the signs is a better angle although you should be winning at popla with the fatal flaws in the notice to keeper as i've already said.

Once they're dead you don't need to kill them again.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X