• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

perry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• perry

I have received letter from some business centre the one that sends out all the letters for court but they have been sending them to my old address and have had no way of knowing id defaulted I've been paying them £1 a month for about 4 years with no trouble but now they want full payment what do I do I've sent letters back to courts and solicitor what will happen next I'm willing to continue to pay £1 but have no account to send it because they never told me it had been transferred to another company.
    Tags: None

Re: perry

Originally posted by perry View Post
    I have received letter from some business centre the one that sends out all the letters for court but they have been sending them to my old address and have had no way of knowing id defaulted I've been paying them £1 a month for about 4 years with no trouble but now they want full payment what do I do I've sent letters back to courts and solicitor what will happen next I'm willing to continue to pay £1 but have no account to send it because they never told me it had been transferred to another company.
    Was the letter you received from some business centre actually a Claim Form from Northampton County Court Business centre?

Or was it a Default Judgement (CCJ) because you didn't acknowledge a claim form that may have been sent to you by the court deadline?

If the claim was sent to an address where you no longer live you may be able to apply for the judgement to be set aside if you've got likely prospects of success with a Defence if you would be given the opportunity.

Does this issue relate to a post you made on another member's thread here >

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...629#post714629

Originally posted by perry View Post
    Same thing has happened to me funny that they saying I paid £54 before default also I moved address and never knew of default I also need advise seems like some kinda scam going on please can you send any info for me also many thanks post to Perry I'm a new user and not sure how it all works.
    Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
      Was the letter you received from some business centre actually a Claim Form from Northampton County Court Business centre?

Or was it a Default Judgement (CCJ) because you didn't acknowledge a claim form that may have been sent to you by the court deadline?

If the claim was sent to an address where you no longer live you may be able to apply for the judgement to be set aside if you've got likely prospects of success with a Defence if you would be given the opportunity.

Does this issue relate to a post you made on another member's thread here >

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...629#post714629

Di
      yes the claim form was from Northampton thanks for replying what do you think now I can get it set aside what do I have to do many thanks.ps yes the other thread was me.
      Last edited by perry1; 12th March 2017, 23:51:PM.

Comment

Diane m I'm just thinking of admitting it then going to the court with my EX160 form to show I cannot pay anything more than a pound a month tell the judge I never received any notice or default because of address change then getting the £1 set up again with the court fees waived what do you think it's stressing me out all these forms flying everywhere I cannot pay more than a pound a month 12 other creditors have excepted it and some are 5x bigger than this claim what's the worst that can happen I want to pay I have been paying its just these PRA group are trying to pull a fast one in my eyes every debt that I have around 12 have all found there way to my new address except this one please advise plus how long does all this take many thanks.ps Perry and Perry 1 same person.

Comment

Well, before you admit the claim (which you say you never received) and recommence payments, may I ask you a few questions.

As I understand things (correct me if I'm wrong) you have a CCJ which means the Claimant has the right to proceed to enforcement of that CCJ if you don't pay what you were ordered to pay by the deadline you were ordered to pay it (if a deadline was included in the Order/CCJ).

1. Do you own your own home (with a mortgage)?

2. Are you in work (employed not self-employed) but on a low income?

3. How much is the CCJ for?

4. When did you open the account?

5. What was the original financial product such as a credit card, personal loan, HP etc?

6. I can see from your last post that the Claimant is PRA, but who was the original creditor?

7. Would I be right in thinking that you have previously paid money to Experto Credite in relation to this debt?

Please don't read anything into my questions (just answer them )

What you need to consider is whether you have the potential to get the CCJ set aside and the tools to defend the original claim, which if successful would mean you'd not have to pay them a penny.

Or whether you want to go on paying them for eternity or at least until you've cleared the amount of the CCJ and also understand whether they could take any unpleasant enforcement action against you in the meantime.

Di

Comment

No ccj don't own own home no mortgage I'm unemployed on esanot sure what you mean by account credit card mbna original creditors yes paid experto credito account opened for mbna abot8yrs ago maybe longer

Comment

Originally posted by perry1 View Post
              yes the claim form was from Northampton thanks for replying what do you think now I can get it set aside
              No ccj
              Do you mean you've received a claim form (at an old address) but not a CCJ?

Di

Comment

So what do you think then Di because to be honest I haven't got a clue what's going on all I know is I got that Pk from Northampton last week tryed my best to answer and now its like I'm in some sort of limbo land if you think there's a chance of not paying I'm all ears when I said I didn't receive I meant I didn't receive any default notice or any notifications that I was going to get sent a response Pk which by law I thought they had to inform client as well as inform me that there company was taking over my debt none of which I received thanks for your time btw much appreciated.

Comment

I got nothing from my old address I just got this reponse Pk from Northampton and that was sent to my old address the postie spotted it and past it to me

Comment

to be honest I haven't got a clue what's going on.
                    You and me both

But I think I've got to the bottom of the situation now thanks to your explanation.

So you have a county court claim which was served on an address where you don't live but your postie knows where you now live so he delivered it to the correct address.

You have 19 days from the claim Issue Date (it'll be on the first page top right) to file an Acknowledgement of Service stating you intend to defend all of the claim. What is that date?

When you've done that task (please feel free to ask any questions about how you do that because it can be tricky online so you can file it by email etc) you will need to send some formal letters.

One step at a time so don't go far or you'll miss the help you need by the time you need it.

How much is the claim for?

Di
                    Last edited by Diana M; 13th March 2017, 23:45:PM. Reason: typo

Comment

You and me both

But I think I've got to the bottom of the situation now thanks to your explanation.

So you have a county court claim which was served on an address where you don't live but your postie knows where you now live so he delivered it to the correct address.

You have 19 days from the claim Issue Date (it'll be on the first page top right) to file an Acknowledgement of Service stating you intend to defend all of the claim. What is that date?

When you've done that task (please feel free to ask any questions about how you do that because it can be tricky online so you can file it by email etc) you will need to send some formal letters.

One step at a time so don't go far or you'll miss the help of need by the time you need it.

Di
                      £2,300 est including court cost I've already sent the form back to Northampton filled it in best I could it would be good if you can tell me what happens next because I'm not paying more than a £1 if I have to I believe I've been duped got no assests got no money what's the worst they can do my credit rating really low now so I cannot get credit anyway they just like legal gangsters Il gladly pay the pound but no more but I would like to know the process you must be really tired now answer tomorrow you all do a great job down there many thanks Perry.

Comment

You and me both

One step at a time so don't go far or you'll miss the help of need by the time you need it.

Di
                        I ve already sent it but Il email the papers over to you tomorrow so you can have a look at how much I've messed it up have a peaceful evening you all do a great job down there the claim is for about£2,300 it would be good if you can tell me what happens next because I'm not gonna pay more than a pound anyway got no assets got no job what can they do legal gangsters PRA

Comment

IIl email the papers over to you tomorrow so you can have a look

Okay

Di

Comment

Hi Di its perry1 I've emailed the filled in response Pk to legal begal admin team didn't know what else to do hope you can get a look at them and advise further many thanks.
                            Last edited by perry1; 17th March 2017, 00:09:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X