• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

N93 Court Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: N93 Court Claim

and being under age
    Could you also clarify the issues concerning this?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I can see you've posted on another thread by mistake (it's easily done) so I'll answer your question here to keep everything in one place:

Originally posted by N93 View Post
      I have not received a county court judgements. I just need extra time to be able to request the information I could not possibly have as proof. which form do I need for extra time?.
      First of all you send the CCA Request to the Claimant (who is the Claimant please?).

Then it doesn't matter to you (it matters to them!) if they have not complied with your CCA Request by the time you have to file your Defence because their non-compliance will be your Defence.

It's a difficult concept to grasp (I mean that in a good way ).

Basically if the Claimant does not comply with your request (produce the credit agreement) then they cannot enforce the debt in court until or unless they do.

As long as you have sent it before you file your Defence you can refer to it in your Defence.

(Ditto the CPR 31.14 Request.)

I hope that makes sense.

Di

Comment

I will put the information together, it says date issue 15 Feb but I didn't receive it for 5 days. I sent them an email 5days ago and have received nothing back. Is there any way to get more time if not, if i should send a CCA form they will have to get it a bit later or is there no point.

thank's you are so helpful.

Comment

I will put the information together, it says date issue 15 Feb but I didn't receive it for 5 days. I sent them an email 5days ago and have received nothing back. Is there any way to get more time if not, if i should send a CCA form they will have to get it a bit later or is there no point.
          If the claim Issue Date is 15th February then the Defence filing deadline is 4 pm 20th March (always check my maths )

Who did you email and why?

You need to post answers to all the questions asked on your thread in order to get the help you need from the Beagles.

I have already explained that you don't necessarily need more time and that there is every point in sending the CCA Request.

Di

Comment

Date on letter is 15th I got 14 days extra for the acknowledgement from say 28 days from the date of service
            Is there any point me paying for next day delivery to get the letter there tomorrow. even tho they only have 8-day notice to send info before i fill my defence on 14th , i sent an email 3 day ago requesting the information but not using CCA just an email requesting information.

Comment

Re: Consumer Credit Act 1974 Basic Request for Original Copy of Agreement

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account Number
              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You are being contacted again With reference to the above agreement, due to receiving no reply on the matter.

I would be grateful if you could send me a copy of this agreement.

Please treat this letter as a formal request for you to supply a copy of my Consumer Credit Agreement as is my entitlement under sections 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I require you to provide me with a true copy, or reconstituted copy of the credit agreement relating to any account you deem to be mine, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide. I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit.

Your obligation also extends to providing me with a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order, which represents payment of the statutory fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act. I understand that a copy of my credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days from the date of this letter.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act, creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

Yours faithfully,

is that ok, anything needing removing

Comment

Hello again

Your thread is here > http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...269#post714269

Dear Sir/Madam

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You are being contacted again With reference to the above agreement, due to receiving no reply on the matter.

I would be grateful if you could send me a copy of this agreement.

Please treat this letter as a formal request for you to supply a copy of my Consumer Credit Agreement as is my entitlement under sections 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I require you to provide me with a true copy, or reconstituted copy of the credit agreement relating to any account you deem to be mine, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide. I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit.

Your obligation also extends to providing me with a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order, which represents payment of the statutory fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act. I understand that a copy of my credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days from the date of this letter.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act, creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

Yours faithfully,

is that ok, anything needing removing

Comment

I would always state 'alleged agreement'.
                  Also, if this is a DC, I'd state that I do not and have never had an account with your company.
                  Sam

[QUOTE=N93;714288]Dear Sir/Madam

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You are being contacted again With reference
                  to the above agreement, due to receiving no reply on the matter.

Comment

that is because email them n the 3rd .

Comment

I understand N93, I would still add the alleged, always.
                      Sam

that is because email them n the 3rd .

Comment

*5th

- - - Updated - - -

It was an internet contract.

Comment

So you have acknowledged that there was a contract? Sorry N93 but I have had no dealings with internet contracts, perhaps someone else can help.
                          I wish you all the best.
                          Sam

Comment

ok then.

Comment

It wasn't hard to figure out after 10 years, I wasn't able to understand what I was doing and wasn't told.
                              How do I start a new thread.

Thanks you

Comment

If you find the welcome forum you can post a new thread there.
                                Good luck.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X