• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge Notice appeal rejected, now debt collector letter..Help needed please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Notice appeal rejected, now debt collector letter..Help needed please

Hello everyone,? looking for a little bit of advice if possible please.

Just before Christmas we received a parking charge notice in the post .Failure to clearly display a valid ticket/permit (free ticket displayed -driver left site)
    The parking charge notice showed pictures of the car and a valid ticket in time.
    So we used their online appeal form. We appealed as the registered keeper asking for ,Who is the party that contracted with your company,Is your charge based on damages for breach of contract,provide proof that the timing of any camera used was synchronised with all other cameras and/or systems & machines,provide all photographs taken of this vehicle,driver leaving the site and any other evidince you may have,provide photos of the signs that you say(on your web site 'Terms and Conditions') were on site and which you contend formed a contract with the driver. And we also attached the drivers receipt from the shop that the free ticket refers. to prove that the driver was a genuine customer. We also found this on template somewhere so added it in to not send debt collector letters and do not add any costs which would be a thinly-veiled attempt at 'double recovery'. I will not respond to debt collectors and to involve a third party would be a failure to mitigate your costs as well as deliberate and knowing misuse of my data.
    Appeal was rejected without any evidence of the driver leaving the site ,and now we have received a letter from debt collector asking to pay original amount +initial legal costs of 60 or provide reason for non payment within 16 days , if we don't they will seek clients instructions to commence legal proceedings in form of county court claim form in the county court. Could somebody maybe point us in the right approach please. Thank you in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Charge Notice appeal rejected, now debt collector letter..Help needed ple

Which company ?

Did you not get offered a secondary appeal ? (popla or theias )

M1

Comment

Re: Parking Charge Notice appeal rejected, now debt collector letter..Help needed ple

Thank you so much for your reply. Yes we where offered second appeal with the ias.After a lot of reading and most saying that the ias will most likely say that same and refuse to cancel it,we decided not to appeal.
      Fine was issued by Napier parking and now has been passed on to bw legal,after looking at the letters again im not sure if they are debt collectors or legal advisors as in solicitors that work on behalf of Napier. Also I would like to add that we did not complain to land/car park owner ,as the land was sold on not long ago and we could not trace the new owner. Thank you so much.

Comment

Should we respond to bw legal letter or just ignore it and hope they go away please? And if we do need to respond to them what should we put in the letter. Should we just say We appealed to napier and also attached drivers receipts to prove that the driver was a genuine customer .And attach a copy of the receipt and a copy of what we wrote in the appeal form. Dose the cpr relates to parking charges at all and if so, should we ask for proof of the driver leaving the site as it seems, that is their main reason for issuing a ticket? Thank you in advance .

Comment

BW legal are both debt collectors and solicitors.

Can you post the letter up in a sanitised format.

M1

Comment

Do you mean bw letter please? also I did edit it ,but cant seem to be able to upload it.Can you please point me in the right direction?Thank you

Comment

Think I have managed to add them on here. The both letters came in one envelope and guesing the sender is bw legal but don't no. And alos like I previously mention we did send napier appeal with the drivers receipt shopping in the allocated shop , so don't no why bw legal say we didn't appeal. Thank you so much again.
              Also I noticed that napier use bpa members logo on their letters, but I belive they are no longer bpa registered..
              Attached Files

Comment

Debt collectors letter. It may escalate in the future so it might be worth an email asking for a copy of the PCN and signs.

M1

Comment

Do you think we should say we appealed please and send them copy of that and receipt to them as well as asking for pcn and signs please?

Comment

They are an IPC member (as opposed to BPA) and use THEIAS (as opposed to popla) so any appeal in all probability would've lost anyway.

It's never a bad idea to ask for information such as the PCN and signs.

M1

Comment

We didn't do the second appeal with the ias ,as we read online that we have no chance. But we did an appeal to the napier using their online appeal form.We did include the drivers receipts for shopping in the shop, that allows displaying a free ticket that you can get from the parking machine. So I was wondering if we should include the coppy of the appeal and receipt when sending letter to bw legal please?

Comment

I wouldn't bother. It should already be part of the file they have on you.

M1

Comment

OK thank you for your help. I will just send them a letter asking for info then. And we will see if that get us anywhere.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X