• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wright hassall formal letter of claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wright hassall formal letter of claim

Hi guys,
    Completely new to the world of forums so sorry if this case has already been covered.
    I'm an NHS worker and received a parking ticket from one of our car parks January 2016. Since then I've received letters from civil enforcement/ZZPS and now Wright hassall. The initial letter I received states they are asking for money on behalf of ZZPS (£306). I ignored this and have since received a 'FORMAL LETTER OF CLAIM' stating that if no payment is received within 14 days that they will anticipate being instructed to commence county court proceedings.

I don't believe I should pay the fine as the letter states the 'incident' happened at midnight. I was on night shifts that day and have documentation from the trust that I work for stating staff can park wherever they want between 20:00 and 08:00 the next morning without having to pay.

Any advice on how to handle this would be great as I'm unsure how to approach the issue.

Thanks again
    Tags: None

Re: Wright hassall formal letter of claim

I would write to them via email, as registered keeper, stating that the driver was fully entitled etc

I would also get on to the employer.

Also, prepare, in case it does go to court. Take pictures etc

M1

Comment

Hi M1, thanks for reading my post.

If I write to them stating that.. Won't they just reply saying it's too late to appeal at this stage because they're in the recovery stage? (I've read similar posts online where people have received this response).

Employer isn't particularly interested which is absolutely outrageous. Didn't expect to finish a busy 14hr shift in A&E to find a ticket on my car.

I'm going to take pictures of the signage etc. At night, you can't see them as there's no decent lights. There's also yellow lines painted which I'm sure are illegal as they haven't been done under highway staff or council?

We've had 7 members of staff assaulted at knife point on these car parks we pay for since new year but I'm sure they won't be interested in that.

Thanks again,

Comment

If I write to them stating that.. Won't they just reply saying it's too late to appeal at this stage because they're in the recovery stage? (I've read similar posts online where people have received this response).
        Correct but it is better to show, if needed later on, that you have tried and they are unreasonable than them saying "never contacted us".

Employer isn't particularly interested which is absolutely outrageous. Didn't expect to finish a busy 14hr shift in A&E to find a ticket on my car.
        If you don't wish to rock the boat then probably not much you do about that.

We've had 7 members of staff assaulted at knife point on these car parks we pay for since new year but I'm sure they won't be interested in that.
        On the other hand if you wish to push it, a grievance on grounds of unsafe to walk miles in dark etc might help as would your local papers and MP.

There's also yellow lines painted which I'm sure are illegal as they haven't been done under highway staff or council?
        Not illegal but a copyright offence for sure (all road signs are copyrighted but in truth nobody will give a shit) and probably a breach of the code of practice which doesn't allow them to make people think they have statutory powers which i'd say yellow lines does.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X