• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bank charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bank charges

IS it really too late to revive an historic claim for bank charges. In January, using MSE template letters I tried to revive a claim for bank charges from 2000 - 2006. Although I know it was a while a go I felt it was worth a try as it totals around £25,800 and I have evidence that I tried years earlier to receive a refund. My husband tried to end his life in 2007 as a direct result of the pressure being placed on him by the banks and it has taken me some time to build the confidence to stand up against them without fearing the repercussions. However I havent heard anything from Lloyds not even confirmation of receipt. Then in MSE forum I was told the boat has sailed. Do I have any options now? Informed advice appreciated
    Tags: None

Re: bank charges

Originally posted by kazman64 View Post
    IS it really too late to revive an historic claim for bank charges. In January, using MSE template letters I tried to revive a claim for bank charges from 2000 - 2006. Although I know it was a while a go I felt it was worth a try as it totals around £25,800 and I have evidence that I tried years earlier to receive a refund. My husband tried to end his life in 2007 as a direct result of the pressure being placed on him by the banks and it has taken me some time to build the confidence to stand up against them without fearing the repercussions. However I havent heard anything from Lloyds not even confirmation of receipt. Then in MSE forum I was told the boat has sailed. Do I have any options now? Informed advice appreciated
    Depends whether you argue historic financial hardship and that the bank were informed and did not do enough to help at that time. [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] [MENTION=332]EXC[/MENTION] to comment as well
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I listed the amounts, the effect it had then and now and that I asked at the time for a refund because of the effect they were having on our business and family finances. I have evidence from both suffolk business link and a company called ibas who also requested on our behalf. What do i need to do now if they havent replied

Comment

I listed the amounts, the effect it had then and now and that I asked at the time for a refund because of the effect they were having on our business and family finances. I have evidence from both suffolk business link and a company called ibas who also requested on our behalf. What do i need to do now if they havent replied
        What was the banks response? Did you ask for help during the period in which this happened and what did the bank say at the time?

I just want to add one last thing: financial hardship and bank charges does not necessarily mean that the bank will refund charges but they can either waive charges or even temporarily extend an overdraft if it is clear that income coming in and priority debts ie mortgage,rent, utilities, council tax cannot be paid without doing so or that bank charges are preventing this.
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Were the bank charges made to a personal or business account, or a mixture of both?

Comment

Mix of both

Comment

How much in charges were from personal accounts?

Comment

£14,153 total of which £4200 was persona bank
                £1,913 interest
                Then Insurance charges total £9,763

Comment

What was the insurance? Was that a PPI policy ? and again was that personal or business?
                  £4200 was on your personal accounts - you've added the £1913 interest (8% stat?)
                  Do you know if these charges were unauthorised overdraft, bounced direct debit etc?

The business account charges - were they transaction fees or also unauthorised OD etc?
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    What was the insurance? Was that a PPI policy ? and again was that personal or business?
                    £4200 was on your personal accounts - you've added the £1913 interest (8% stat?)
                    Do you know if these charges were unauthorised overdraft, bounced direct debit etc?

The business account charges - were they transaction fees or also unauthorised OD etc?

Private was mix unpaid chq, overdraft interest and od excess charges

Bus account was unauthzd borrowing fees, chq fees for unpaid chqs and a monthly focus charge we didnt request and asked them to remove at the time

Insrance was on business loans taken out by hubby as sole trader which again we asked at the time to remove and recalculate as it included me and wasnt relevant
                    Last edited by Amethyst; 13th March 2017, 14:15:PM.

Comment

Never did get any response?

Comment

Still pqying £50/month to debt collector just to stop them upsetting hubby. It sent him to trying to commit suicide then. I dare not let them wind him up again

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X