• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Portfolio I Ltd - Vanquish Credit Card Debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Portfolio I Ltd - Vanquish Credit Card Debt

Hi there,

I received a court claim form on 17/02/17 for a debt on a Vanquish Card which I can't remember having in the first place.

I've acknowledged the claim and defended by saying that they kept sending letters demanding payment but I don't remember such a debt. Now after some research on here I realised that thats not really what you would reply to a court claim.

Now for the main bit... I only use the address they sent the letters to as correspondence since I live abroad and only pick up letters twice-three times a year, but I asked my friend to open them for me. So technically I knew they were sending them.

I'm now leaving London again and don't look at returning this year but at some point next year.

If I leave will they go after my friend because I'm using his address? Is that illegal?

I phoned them today and told them about the situation and they said to ring the court, cancel the defence and them ring back and settle a payment for the debt.

I'm in london for another 8 days... what do I do? Debt is £550, I can afford it but I don't want to pay for something I didn't spend.

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell Portfolio I Ltd - Vanquish Credit Card Debt

They can't go after your friend if the debt is not in their name. The address is irrelevant.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X