• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Jbw Road traffic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jbw Road traffic

I have received an enforcement notice from jbw for a road traffic debt.

The situation is I have not received any correspondence from them or the council that apparently issued this fine.

The letter from jbw went to my old address, of which I moved over a year ago. The letter was passed on to me from the people that currently live there.

The fine is for over £500, I'm not sure what I can do to dispute this or where to go for advice.

Please help
    Tags: None

Re: Jbw Road traffic

Originally posted by Garfield3288 View Post
    I have received an enforcement notice from jbw for a road traffic debt.

The situation is I have not received any correspondence from them or the council that apparently issued this fine.

The letter from jbw went to my old address, of which I moved over a year ago. The letter was passed on to me from the people that currently live there.

The fine is for over £500, I'm not sure what I can do to dispute this or where to go for advice.

Please help
    Dis you notify DVLA of change of address?

One option is an Out of Time declaration to the Northampton TEC you need to hide your car but be aware JBW use ANPR. have you the same vehicle as on the PCN?

Other beagles will no doubt be along soon with advice.

Comment

If you did not receive the paper work connected with this fine you can make a statutory declaration it needs to be signed and witnessed at a solicitors (costs about £5) and sent by registered post to the designated officer of the court.

Section 14 of the Magistrates' Courts Act 1980

14 Proceedings invalid where accused did not know of them.

(1) Where a summons has been issued under section 1 above and a magistrates’ court has begun to try the information to which the summons relates, then, if—

(a)the accused, at any time during or after the trial, makes a statutory declaration that he did not know of the summons or the proceedings until a date specified in the declaration, being a date after the court has begun to try the information; and

(b)within 21 days of that date the declaration is served on the designated officer for the court,

Comment

Originally posted by suffering View Post
        If you did not receive the paper work connected with this fine you can make a statutory declaration it needs to be signed and witnessed at a solicitors (costs about £5) and sent by registered post to the designated officer of the court.

Section 14 of the Magistrates' Courts Act 1980
        Just a quick post to advise that the procedure that you refer to above is only applicable to magistrate court FINES. This particular debt is an ordinary penalty charge notice which is a civil debt. Accordingly, the correct course of action is to submit an Out of Time witness statement to the Traffic Enforcement Centre.

Comment

Thanks for correcting me Milo

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X