• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Audi PCP VT Excess mileage charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi PCP VT Excess mileage charge

Hi I'm just looking for a bit of advice as everywhere I have read about VT'ing a PCP the finance company cannot charge you and excess mileage charge once the 50% criteria has been met. I'm 200 quid away from the VT point which I'm looking to overpay to get the car back to them. But as the agreement mileage was changed by the dealer to suit my budget which is unethical I know. I am over on my mileage pro rata so they are saying they are looking to charge me the 6p per mile.

Now I'm pretty sure they cannot do this at all but want to get my facts straight before I excercise my right to VT.

Any help would be great, many thanks

Paul
    Tags: None

Re: Audi PCP VT Excess mileage charge

Originally posted by P44pca View Post
    Hi I'm just looking for a bit of advice as everywhere I have read about VT'ing a PCP the finance company cannot charge you and excess mileage charge once the 50% criteria has been met. I'm 200 quid away from the VT point which I'm looking to overpay to get the car back to them. But as the agreement mileage was changed by the dealer to suit my budget which is unethical I know. I am over on my mileage pro rata so they are saying they are looking to charge me the 6p per mile.

Now I'm pretty sure they cannot do this at all but want to get my facts straight before I excercise my right to VT.

Any help would be great, many thanks

Paul
    The excess mileage charge is a contractual term, and if you VT then your liability is capped at 50% of the total amount payable, providing you have taken reasonable care of the car.

How much over the agreed mileage are you? Have you carried out maintenance in accordance with the servicing guidelines e.g. servicing the car on a regular basis?
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

I'm over by about 12k in total as they have set the agreement on 5k per year and yeh it's on long life servicing and has only needed one service which wasn't carried out at a main dealer but using genuine parts and condition wise it's spot on besides some scuffed wheels no scratches or dents though.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
        The excess mileage charge is a contractual term, and if you VT then your liability is capped at 50% of the total amount payable, providing you have taken reasonable care of the car.

How much over the agreed mileage are you? Have you carried out maintenance in accordance with the servicing guidelines e.g. servicing the car on a regular basis?
        I'm over by about 12k in total as they have set the agreement on 5k per year and yeh it's on long life servicing and has only needed one service which wasn't carried out at a main dealer but using genuine parts and condition wise it's spot on besides some scuffed wheels no scratches or dents though.

Comment

Originally posted by P44pca View Post
          If you have had the car serviced and taken care of it and is in a reasonable condition, then it is up to the finance company to prove otherwise. They can't simply say that the car is unreasonable if they've not inspected the mechanical side of things and in any event, you are only required to do what a reasonable person would do i.e. maintain the car and repair if necessary. Your primary argument here is that any alleged damage due to the excess mileage was solely down to the reasonable wear and tear by your use of the car for the purpose it was lent to you. The purpose being able to drive the car and the additional mileage is just wear and tear from using it.

Depending on the scuffed wheels it may be deemed as unreasonable but thats something you need to determine yourself, its a subjective question. But i'll bet the finance co. will charge for it.
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X