• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Won Chargeback But!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Won Chargeback But!

Rob & Diana

first of all thank you for taking the time for posting about my issue with this company.

The reason I am worrying a little bit is last year we stayed in Greece for 5 months due to me having Parkinson as the climate and life style over there helps my conditions...

All of the time out there last year I was worrying about the chargeback or on the computer answering Natwest bank question who was backing but not really keeping me informed regularly..

Now this year we have paid up front for 3 ferries, 10 hotels and accommodation to drive down to Greece again to the backend of September and again we have this hanging over our heads.

Its like being in limbo land you have won the battle but not the war I suppose I will have my answer in 10 days time ,one way or another the company will have to show its hand then I can react to that in a positive way knowing what is going on..

Like I say your comments are food for thought and thank you once again for helping a stranger out.

Comment

You're not really a stranger now that you've joined the Legal Beagles forum/community.

Does anybody actually live in the property where the rogue kitchen is situated at the moment?

Is there a real sense of urgency to remove the kitchen before the legal situation of ownership (raised by both R0b and I) has been established?

Would ten more days to reach an understanding with the kitchen supplier/installer/manufacturer (please clarify their role in this dispute) cause any problem for you and/or the occupier of the property (if there is an occupier)?

Do you live in Greece mostly?

A little more information may result in a lot more advice on how to deal with this situation.

Di

Comment

Thank you for your candid PMs which explain your true situation.

Things are not as straightforward as you first described.

There are possibly health and safety issues to be considered with this bathroom (not kitchen) installation which will work in your favour.

One step at a time.

Di

Comment

Hi

Just to give you a quick update on the Bathroom..

I gave the bathroom company 14 days to remove their goods.

A reply came back after two days saying they aim to reply in 10 days!

!6 days later no correspondents came from them.

Sent via my solicitor a formal letter giving them another 14 days to collect their goods or I will dispose of them.

Little did I know the same day as I sent my letter they sent me one saying that they dont agree with Mastercard decision and have escalated it to their Directors who will respond once a review has been taken.

So I am still in limbo so to speak, your views will be appreciated

Comment

What to do!

I have won chargeback on a bathroom installation and given notice of 14 days for the company to remove the bathroom.

They replied that they are escalating it to their directors so I give them another 14 days to remove the bathroom which is next Thursday via a solicitor

Today I had a letter bathroom company offering

1, A cash sum and getting a company to fix the issue ( the issue they quote does not exist and there are far more major issues than the one they mention)

2, Get the issue fixed and negotiate compensation.

3. Get a independent surveyor to do a report and negotiate on his findings

I have written out my reply stating that i stand by the chargeback decision but will let them have a independent surveyor in to prove that the bathroom is as bad as i say it is.

They still have the option of taking me to court so by doing this it will prove me to be telling the truth in the chargeback procedure,

but there part of me that not quite sure I am doing the right thing..

Your thoughts would be appreciated

Comment

Re: What to do!

Get the independent surveyor in, selected by you, but only on the condition that they agree to meet the cost.

This sounds like a Consumer Rights Act situation. How long has this been going on? Have they tried previously to correct the problems? Is the cost below the £10,000 small claims court limit?

Comment

This update relates to your other thread doesn't it?

If I'm right then there has already been a report from an Independent Expert in your favour.

Ask [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] if she'd be kind enough to merge the two so the full history can be seen here > http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...437#post716437

Di

Comment

merged

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                    This update relates to your other thread doesn't it?

If I'm right then there has already been a report from an Independent Expert in your favour.

Ask @Kati if she'd be kind enough to merge the two so the full history can be seen here > http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...437#post716437

Di
                    Yes sorry Di, I couldnt find my old post last night but know how to find my away round now..

Comment

Hi Ostell

Yes put it to them today in email and registered letter just what you said about a independent surveyor paid for by them but i pick who doest the job

Just under £14000 so no small claims

Been going on just a year now but chargecard is soooooooooooooooo slow in its process

Comment

EXC Hi., Yes they said they disagree with the outcome of Chargecard and are now making offers,

I spoke to my bank who i went through chargecard and they informed me they could take me to court as a debt.. so I asked a solicitor i used before and she confirmed they can.

Comment

Update is they have admitted they got the installation so wrong and have offered a similer company where I live (I think it its a branch off of the same company) to finished the job off.

I have politely declined their offer and said all I want is a full refund.

So I am on tender hooks to see if they are still going with the joint surveyors report and probably court I assume or this could be the end of it!

my thought on it is I signed a contract with them to install the bathroom and they dont full fill that contract I have a right to a full refund and it wont go against me for doing so when I decline their offer

Comment

Yesterday I had the fantastic news that the company are going to close the contract with me and allowing me to keep the bathroom.

This has been a long struggle for over a year and made more stressful due to my condition.

I would like to thank those members who gave me advice and I will pop on to the site now I have found it in the future

best wishes
                            A very happy teddy bear

Comment

Congratulations. I hope that is the end of it for you now. Did they put everything in writing ?
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                                Congratulations. I hope that is the end of it for you now. Did they put everything in writing ?
                                Thank you, I have been corresponding with one of the Directors for the last month \by email.

It was sent by email what he proposed to do and I accepted and his reply was this matter is now closed.

I will print off and file for safe keeping

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X