• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Executor won't pay.4 years on it seems a hopeless legal loop.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Executor won't pay.4 years on it seems a hopeless legal loop.

Yesterday I returned disheartened after seeing a decent solicitor regarding non payout of $40 000 each to myself and brother. My children also have a trust of $10 000.
    We have received a larger payout 2 years ago.

This is a significant amount to me but very small for what it entails to be able to receive it.

The issue causing the delay is the request he produce receipts.
    He refuses by delays statements to give any full records or details.

The executor made himself the accountant and POW as well.

1 tax return only for example is charged at $22 000. There are 3 more similar.
    The previous returns with her old accountant average $150.

He has charged $800 to attend the funeral.
    The Charges in total to administer the will come to approximatley 60 000 in admin costs to pay himself. This does not include another 27 000 in solicitor costs.
    No dispute has occurred beween beneficiaries .

We have records showing double charging of the same amounts on the same day. We have brought this to the executors attention and he laughed saying so what I make the law.

The executor seems to be able to dodge the law and this is what he enjoys doing to be a bully or greedy?

I can't do anything unless I go to supreme court. The costs however to the executor comes from the remaining money in the estate , the executor uses this money to defend himself and it cannot be requested to be re paid back? This will drain everything? The court process has indefinite costs and could exceed the amount remaining and I am left out of pocket beyond the inherited amount owing.

The executor doesn't respond to solicitor letters, my letters or the accountants requests.
    Both myself and a forensic accountant have made all attempts to get all receipts and have failed.

I am stitched up .
    The money is gone , either by a solicitors battle or the executor just never releasing it or held accountable for the blatant misconduct.
    Last edited by Rusty bucket; 1st March 2017, 22:52:PM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X