• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Collectica warrant of control given

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collectica warrant of control given

After looking at many posts on this forum i have decided to post this seraching for help. Last year in march i was given a fine in court which required for me to pay £10 every fortnight, in april about a month after reciving the fine i had forget to pay once therefore i had recived a warning notice from the court, from that day i have been on time with payments untill last week a year later when i made the £10 payment 2 days late. Thinking the money had gone to the courts i then recived a letter saying that the £10 has been fowarded to the approved enforcemnet agent to credit against the money owed, which is collectica in this case. I am very scared because i am a university student who lives at home with my parents, i am looking for a job currently therefore not earning anything and my parents are supporting me at the moment by giving me £20 a week which im living off, i am not sure what to do as £10 a fornight was the most i could afford to pay to the courts. i then phoned collectica asking them about the process but they have not recived my record from the courts yet so the person on the phone said she could not discuss anything till they have my information, can anyone please advise me on what happends with this process and how i can tackle this problem? thank you!
    Tags: None

Re: Collectica warrant of control given

It is very rare for courts to take such a tough stance as this when somebody had been paying on time for almost a year.

I really would suggest that you call the court to ascertain on how many occasions late payments were recorded. Mention to them as well that you are a university student. It may be a good idea to ask how you can make a formal complaint.

Please post back once you have spoken with the court.
    Last edited by Milo; 28th February 2017, 21:18:PM.

Comment

Re: Collectica warrant of control given

thank you for the quick reply! i will do just that and post back soon as ive spoken with court, cheers!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X