• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

City council

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City council

Hi people just advice I'm looking for befor I take my next step with Liverpool city council

I'm and taxi driver have been for 7years everything been good no problems renewing my badge 3 years ago but nightmare started this time around 3 years on now Liverpool don't offer temporary badges while waiting for dbs check (CRB) so that means I'm out of work from today for up to 18 weeks I have contcted my local mp who has been very helpful but really I think my next action is takeing them to small claims court as my home car and bills are all at risk any advice would be perfect thanks
    Tags: None

Re: City council

Hi and welcome.

I'm not a taxi driver, but itseems that if you are aggrieved at the councils action you should be appealing to the Magistrates Court, not county court.

Have a read of this: http://www.phtm.co.uk/news/640/phtm-...t-back-in-time

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Taxi paul View Post
      Hi people just advice I'm looking for befor I take my next step with Liverpool city council

I'm and taxi driver have been for 7years everything been good no problems renewing my badge 3 years ago but nightmare started this time around 3 years on now Liverpool don't offer temporary badges while waiting for dbs check (CRB) so that means I'm out of work from today for up to 18 weeks I have contcted my local mp who has been very helpful but really I think my next action is takeing them to small claims court as my home car and bills are all at risk any advice would be perfect thanks
      If there is a delay in the DBS returning the checks, then your issue is with them, not with the council. There is no obligation on them to issue temporary badges, and frankly, I cannot blame them for not doing so. Bearing in mind that the press and everyone else will scream blue murder at the council if there is a single incident involving someone with a temporary licence because they haven't been dbs checked. Just because someone passed the check before doesn't mean they will this time.

You are the only person who can discuss the stage your application has reached, and if the delay is unacceptable then there is a hardship fund managed by the DBS for people whose delayed checks cause financial hardship. The council can do nothing, so you are wasting your time and money trying to make them take the blame for something outside their control.

Comment

Originally posted by Sangie595 View Post
        If there is a delay in the DBS returning the checks, then your issue is with them, not with the council. There is no obligation on them to issue temporary badges, and frankly, I cannot blame them for not doing so. Bearing in mind that the press and everyone else will scream blue murder at the council if there is a single incident involving someone with a temporary licence because they haven't been dbs checked. Just because someone passed the check before doesn't mean they will this time.

You are the only person who can discuss the stage your application has reached, and if the delay is unacceptable then there is a hardship fund managed by the DBS for people whose delayed checks cause financial hardship. The council can do nothing, so you are wasting your time and money trying to make them take the blame for something outside their control.

Liverpool city council always offered temporary badges and as for the dbs it's a floored check simple reason is that I could get my dbs clean then break the law and they would not find out for 3 years but it states in transport act police would tell the council of any convictions

Comment

Thank you very much interesting

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by des8 View Post
          Hi and welcome.

I'm not a taxi driver, but itseems that if you are aggrieved at the councils action you should be appealing to the Magistrates Court, not county court.

Have a read of this: http://www.phtm.co.uk/news/640/phtm-...t-back-in-time

Good luck
          Thank you

Comment

You should sign up for the DBS Update Service, then there need never be any delay (in future).

Comment

Liverpool city council always offered temporary badges and as for the dbs it's a floored check simple reason is that I could get my dbs clean then break the law and they would not find out for 3 years but it states in transport act police would tell the council of any convictions
              It doesn't matter what they used to do before, or what you do tomorrow - this is their policy NOW and a lot has changed since the last time you applied. Rochdale, and Rotherham for starters. This is the way it works, and the council are not responsible for the delays. You can find out yourself what is happening with the check. You can apply to a hardship fund established for this very reason. But you don't like this answer? By the time you sue the council and lose, your check will have come back and you may not be able to apply to the actual place that compensates you for these delays. So why not do this the easy (and correct) way?

Comment

I would happily sign up for update service but my last CRB was 3 years ago and you can only apply within 19 days il will joining update service soon as I received my dbs

Comment

Well I applied for dbs in December 2016 still not done so next time shal apply 7months in advanced it's a floored money makeing scam dbs is valid for the day u show your employee if you was arrested day after your employee won't find out for 3 years so it's floored really

Comment

Well I applied for dbs in December 2016 still not done so next time shal apply 7months in advanced it's a floored money makeing scam dbs is valid for the day u show your employee if you was arrested day after your employee won't find out for 3 years so it's floored really
                    And I agree with you that it is a flawed service in many ways. But that is the government's fault, not the Council's. You need to be talking to the DBS about the delay and the hardship scheme.

Comment

I have been in contact with dbs and it needs to be in stage 4 for 60days mine has been in stage 4 for 14days

Comment

I have been in contact with dbs and it needs to be in stage 4 for 60days mine has been in stage 4 for 14days
                        In that case, it would appear that there is no delay? The DBS do advise on their service standards, and how long things can take. When did you actually apply? If it has been held up somewhere in an earlier stage, then wouldn't that qualify?

Comment

22/12/2016

Comment

I just checked with a colleague who knows a bit more about this, and they say that on average the DBS is taking 8 weeks at the moment - yours is enhanced so 8-9 weeks probably, assuming all other things are equal (some police forces are taking longer than others). However, you sent yours in days before Christmas, so you can wipe two weeks off the time it has been in the system. That pretty much means that yours has only been in the system for about 8 weeks. That would make it well within the timescale they suggest it could take. I'll ask around and see if our Liverpool office have any more accurate estimates, but really it looks as though you sent out in too late to get it done.

I know it isn't supposed to take that long, but the fact is that it does. This is a Home Office issue - you should be complaining to your MP about why it is taking so long - looking around the place it seems typo bed that substantial delays are commonplace.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                            X