• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

URGENT HELP PLEASE CPR 31.14 request non compliance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT HELP PLEASE CPR 31.14 request non compliance

Received CCJ Claim form issue date 1 Feb, received 3rd Feb. Sent CPR 31.14 to both claimant and solicitors on 10th February by recorded delivery and were signed for on 14th February but have received no response. My defence needs to be in by next Monday. Do I send them a reminder and is there a template for this or what do I do now?
    Tags: None

Re: URGENT HELP PLEASE CPR 31.14 request non compliance

Help now mega urgent!!

Comment

Hi repunzel

What is the claim for? (Credit card, loan, utility bill, mobile phone bill etc).
      Approx how much is being claimed?
      Could you post up the Particulars of Claim, your CPR request & the name of the Claimant & their legal rep (if applicable).
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

So so appreciate your help.

I think I attached CCJ. New to this!! Cannot post CPR request as on computer at home but standard one used from here. Deadline is Monday, what to do now?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Amethyst; 2nd March 2017, 09:52:AM.

Comment

You might want to redact the claim no. & password from the posted claim form.

I'm guessing either a loan or a credit card; could you confirm, & if so, which?

If so, have you sent a CCA request to the Claimant?

& a SAR to the original creditor?
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by repunzel223 View Post
            Received CCJ Claim form issue date 1 Feb, received 3rd Feb. Sent CPR 31.14 to both claimant and solicitors on 10th February by recorded delivery and were signed for on 14th February but have received no response. My defence needs to be in by next Monday. Do I send them a reminder and is there a template for this or what do I do now?
            It appears you only sent a CPR 31.14 Request but not a Section 77-79 CCA Request.

If that's the case you should send the CCA Request to the Claimant (with a copy to their solicitors) immediately.

This forum has a template > http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...=7670#post7670

Di

Comment

No, not CCA request or SAR to original creditor to date. So what do I do? Surely they should have responded to CPR request in any event.

Comment

If this is the case and my defence is due on Monday, what do I do?

Comment

Send the CCA request per @Diana M's post above.
                  & @Amethyst's post below

Tweak the defence example (top of thread) to say 'CCA (s77-79) request sent to Claimant (date) & awaiting reply'

Send SAR.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Get a CCA request sent off now to Cabot - http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...y-of-Agreement - , and adapt the standard defence to suit - yes they should have responded to the CPR request they have mentioned the default notice, notice of assignment, contract and terms so have no reason to avoid complying with the request. there's a starting point for your defence http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...t-Court-Claims

Are there any specific issues you have had with the debt previously ? Do you know if it was a c/card/loan / overdraft at all ?
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

A bank loan, so appreciate all your help.

Comment

I know from recent experience just how daunting it is to receive a claim but by following the advice here you will get great help

AS everyone else has said, CCA request today and try to get you defence in by tomorrow late on- just in case ( when my claim arrived the system went down over the weekend)

Comment

Bearing in mind I am only just sending CCA request, can I use this in my defence. Do I have attach all documentary evidence and recorded delivery proof.

11. The Claimant has failed to comply with s77 (1) / s 78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of s77 (4) / s 78 (6) Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement.

Comment

Bearing in mind I am only just sending CCA request, can I use this in my defence.

Yes

Do I have attach all documentary evidence and recorded delivery proof.

No

11. The Claimant has failed to comply with s77 (1) / s 78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of s77 (4) / s 78 (6) Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement.
                            Just say that you sent a CCA ss77-79 request on (date) & that you are awaiting for the Claimant to respond
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Bearing in mind I am only just sending CCA request, can I use this in my defence. Do I have attach all documentary evidence and recorded delivery proof.

As someone said to me, the defence is relatively brief, War and Peace comes in the witness statement

Remember you can submit your defence online or by email

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X