• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hotpoint tumble dryer modification program what are my rights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotpoint tumble dryer modification program what are my rights

Hi, I need some advice if possible.
    I'm guessing you all have heard about the Hotpoint product recall and modification program.
    Sadly I own one of the affected Tumble dryers and have for some years.
    To make things even worse I got this product on Hire purchase from Brighthouse which has been paid off a while now.
    I'm not happy about the modification program as I have young children and to be honest just want the product out of my house. I have read people are having issues with the product after the modification has been done and the dryer takes a long time to dry clothes.
    Hotpoint have also given me the option of paying £99 for a new replacement which I'm not happy to do either as believe it or not I have paid over £535 for this product through Brighthouse.
    What are my rights in all of this ?
    I took the product out on 09/08/12 and paid weekly for 156 weeks.

Does this fall under the sale and supply of goods act 1994.
    Can I argue with Brighthouse or Hotpoint that it was never fit for purpose.
    Regards Mi3y
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X