• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA Group and CCJ's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PRA Group and CCJ's

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
    (Good evening, Di )
    Good Evening to you too Charity.

Is it safe to assume that you'll be taking over the Night Shift

Di

Comment

Originally posted by shabisheek View Post
      should I just write in there the particulars of the claim as shown on the front of the claim form? There are no details on that could identify me it just states dates and the amount of debt over the years and what has been paid etc.
      My apologies for not making things clearer for you.

I meant post (type up) the POC on your forum thread so the forum can get stuck in on helping you to defend your claim.

Di

Comment

Apologies Di I misunderstood,
        POC as follows:
        The claimant claims the sum of 4934.13 for debt and interest. On 29.06.06 the defendant entered into an agreement with MBNA for a credit card under reference xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. On 31.10.09 the defendant defaulted on the agreement with an outstanding balance of 4749.06. On 29.02.12 the debt of 4749.06 assigned to Aktiv Kapital Portfolio AS, Oslo Zug Branch, who itself assigned the debt to PRA Group (UK) Ltd on 31.12.14. Notices of assignment were sent to the defendant in accordance with S136 Law of Property Act 1925. Payments of 216.00 received up to 31.1.16 AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS 1. The sum of 4533.06 2. Statutory interest pursuant to Section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8.00% per annum from 31.1.16 to 20.2.17 401.07 and thereafter at a daily rate of 0.99 until judgement or sooner payment.
        If I'm not able to defend my claim online through the Money Claim online website, how do I do it via email? I am being prompted to write something in the defence box before it will let me continue.
        BTW all your help and advice is so much appreciated. Thankyou.

Comment

[MENTION=98559]shabisheek[/MENTION]

As Di has posted, do not put anything in the 'defence' box.

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
          Good Evening to you too Charity.

Is it safe to assume that you'll be taking over the Night Shift

Di
          Lol!
          Makes a change from my usual daze.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi. Can someone please help. I have to submit my defence and I cant do it online as it is prompting me to write a defence before I can go any further. Can you explain how I submit via email and which sections of the form I need to fill out? Is states on the form, in bold type "if you fail to deny an allegation it may be taken that you admit it".

Comment

what form are you on about?
              Alloocation questionare??? goodness sake do not even try defence at this stage slow down it is too early for defence!

looks to me you are not at defence stage yet??? but acknowledging the claim on line - if so acknowledge where it says, then dispute all the claim? is that basically they are asking?

Comment

I've been sent a County Court Claim Form which I am defending as I do not want a CCJ after working so hard since the recession to improve my credit rating (which is now near perfect). I have been advised on this forum to submit my defence without filling out the defence section. I therefore cant do it on the money claim online website as it is prompting me to fill out the defence section and I have been strongly advised here not write anything. I'm not sure what sections of the form I need to fill and as Im not able to do it online I have been advised on this forum to submit my defence via email, which I'm not sure how to do that either. I really need some help.

Comment

First Steps read this 1st:-

- - - Updated - - -

@shabisheek

As Di has posted, do not put anything in the 'defence' box

- - - Updated - - -

ccbcdefendants@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk
                  ccbcclaimants@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk
                  before you send anything from now on come on here 1st, chances as you are panicking you will trip up big time and they will get a CCJ by default or your own admission.

do yourself a favour

Comment

Ok. So have I got this right? Firstly I need to acknowledge the claim online (to give me more time to seek advice to complete my defence). Then send a CCA request to the claimant and a CPR request to the claimants solicitors using the templates available on this forum? Once those letters have been sent off make a new thread on the forum and make a post titled the claimants name v my username then post the items as stated on the basic first steps advice page?

Comment

......also on the CPR 31.14 request letter, what date do I put in here:

To enable me to file my defence and/or counterclaim, I require inspection of documents you mention in your statement of case ahead of filing my defence on XX XXXX 201X.

And, what documents do I list that are mentioned in the particulars of claim (as follows):

The claimant claims the sum of 4934.13 for debt and interest. On 29.06.06 the defendant entered into an agreement with MBNA for a credit card under reference xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. On 31.10.09 the defendant defaulted on the agreement with an outstanding balance of 4749.06. On 29.02.12 the debt of 4749.06 assigned to Aktiv Kapital Portfolio AS, Oslo Zug Branch, who itself assigned the debt to PRA Group (UK) Ltd on 31.12.14. Notices of assignment were sent to the defendant in accordance with S136 Law of Property Act 1925. Payments of 216.00 received up to 31.1.16 AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS 1. The sum of 4533.06 2. Statutory interest pursuant to Section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8.00% per annum from 31.1.16 to 20.2.17 401.07 and thereafter at a daily rate of 0.99 until judgement or sooner payment.

Comment

CPR 31.14 Request for Inspection of Documents

Can someone advise how I complete a CPR 31.14 request.

On the CPR 31.14 request letter, what date do I put in here:

To enable me to file my defence and/or counterclaim, I require inspection of documents you mention in your statement of case ahead of filing my defence on XX XXXX 201X.

Also, what documents do I list that are mentioned in the particulars of the claim as follows:The claimant claims the sum of 4934.13 for debt and interest. On 29.06.06 the defendant entered into an agreement with MBNA for a credit card under reference xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. On 31.10.09 the defendant defaulted on the agreement with an outstanding balance of 4749.06. On 29.02.12 the debt of 4749.06 assigned to Aktiv Kapital Portfolio AS, Oslo Zug Branch, who itself assigned the debt to PRA Group (UK) Ltd on 31.12.14. Notices of assignment were sent to the defendant in accordance with S136 Law of Property Act 1925. Payments of 216.00 received up to 31.1.16 AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS 1. The sum of 4533.06 2. Statutory interest pursuant to Section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8.00% per annum from 31.1.16 to 20.2.17 401.07 and thereafter at a daily rate of 0.99 until judgement or sooner payment.

Any advise would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Comment

CCA Request || CPR 31.14 Request | amend to suit i.e. only ask for items listed on the N1 court form for now that is all entitles to request at this stage!

send Recorded delivery

- - - Updated - - -

acknowledge claim = defend all gives the time you need.

Comment

Re: CPR 31.14 Request for Inspection of Documents

"The Agreement" and "Notices of Assisgnment" are documents that are clearly mentioned in the POC.

Comment

Shabisheek unless I'm wrong you've started another thread on this claim here >

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...615#post714615

It may make sense for you keep everything in one place (same thread) in order to get the best help from the Beagles.

Ask @Kati if she can kindly merge your two threads.

Di

Comment

Hi Di
                                Ok thanks will do.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X