• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim 'Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd' - Howard Cohen And Co

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim 'Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd' - Howard Cohen And Co

Received a claim from 'Hoist Porftfolio Holding 2 Ltd' on 03/02/2017. I've have acknowledged the service.

Just checked on FCA Interim Permission Consumer Credit Register, the permission of 'Hoist Portfolio Holdings 2 Ltd' is showing as 'cancelled' as of 30/09/2015.

(1) Are they allowed to make a court claim while they are not 'active' on the register?

(2) Should I mention this on the defence?
    Tags: None

Re: Court Claim 'Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd' - Howard Cohen And Co

Originally posted by asifsh View Post
    Received a claim from 'Hoist Porftfolio Holding 2 Ltd' on 03/02/2017. I've have acknowledged the service.

Just checked on FCA Interim Permission Consumer Credit Register, the permission of 'Hoist Portfolio Holdings 2 Ltd' is showing as 'cancelled' as of 30/09/2015.

(1) Are they allowed to make a court claim while they are not 'active' on the register?

Technically no and yes you should mention this in the Defence
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

I like to take a holistic approach to claims. One legal argument may not be enough. You need to throw in everything including the kitchen sink in case one doesn't stick.

So how much is the claim and what does it relate to (was it a credit card, overdraft, personal loan etc)?

Who was the original creditor?

I can see you've filed your Acknowledgement of Service but you now need to do some other stuff.

If you haven't already sent a s. 77-79 CCA Request then do that. But if you've already sent one in the past and the creditor has not complied with it then nothing is gained by sending another one whilst that happy situation continues. Answer this question first before doing anything.

Send a CPR 31.14 Request to Howard Cohen solicitors. There's a template on this forum to help you but in order to fill it in can you please post up (type out) the Particulars of Claim to see what the Claimant mentions in that. In theory you're only entitled to ask for what they 'mention' not what they 'refer' to but as a LIP I see no harm in you asking for whatever you want them to produce. If you don't ask you don't get.

Send a Subject Access Request to the original creditor so you get the full history of the account. A SAR is a secret between you and the OC and the debt purchaser may not have access to the same information as you.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post

So how much is the claim and what does it relate to (was it a credit card, overdraft, personal loan etc)?
        Its for £6640.14. (Credit Card)

Who was the original creditor?
        Ex Barclaycard

If you haven't already sent a s. 77-79 CCA Request then do that. But if you've already sent one in the past and the creditor has not complied with it then nothing is gained by sending another one whilst that happy situation continues. Answer this question first before doing anything.
        Sent, but no response.

Send a CPR 31.14 Request to Howard Cohen solicitors. There's a template on this forum to help you but in order to fill it in can you please post up (type out) the Particulars of Claim to see what the Claimant mentions in that. In theory you're only entitled to ask for what they 'mention' not what they 'refer' to but as a LIP I see no harm in you asking for whatever you want them to produce. If you don't ask you don't get.
        Sent, but no response.

Send a Subject Access Request to the original creditor so you get the full history of the account. A SAR is a secret between you and the OC and the debt purchaser may not have access to the same information as you.
        OC?? you mean Barclaycard

Comment

I've checked my bank statements, I've made no payments to this Credit Card since December 2010.

Claim date is 03/02/2017, its been over 6 years since last payment.

Comment

I've checked my bank statements, I've made no payments to this Credit Card since December 2010.

Claim date is 03/02/2017, its been over 6 years since last payment.
            Do you know the date the account was defaulted (or the remedy date on the DN)? Barclaycard had a habit of not defaulting an account until a year or two after the contract was broken. This may be relevant to any Statute Barred argument.

What year did you open the Barclaycard and how did you open it (i.e. online, in branch etc)?

Was it a Barclaycard from the start or could it have been an Egg one?

Yes I did mean send the SAR to Barclays. You can do that online here > https://www.apply.barclays.co.uk/for...execution=e1s1

Can you also post (type) up the Particulars of Claims to see exactly what they're claiming and why they think they have the right to claim it.

Sorry for all the questions but research and preparation is everything with claims.

Di

Comment

Do you know the date the account was defaulted (or the remedy date on the DN)? Barclaycard had a habit of not defaulting an account until a year or two after the contract was broken. This may be relevant to any Statute Barred argument.
              Default date showing as September 2011 on my credit report.

What year did you open the Barclaycard and how did you open it (i.e. online, in branch etc)?
              Can't remember if I applied by post or online. It was opened in August 2006.

Was it a Barclaycard from the start or could it have been an Egg one?
              It was Barclaycard.

Can you also post (type) up the Particulars of Claims to see exactly what they're claiming and why they think they have the right to claim it.
              This Claim is for the sum of £4274.88 in respect of monies owing under an Agreement with the account no. 4929************ pursuant to The Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA).
              The debt was legally assigned by MDDP LLP (Ex Barclaycard) to the Claimant and notice has been served. The defendant has failed to make contractual payments under the terms of the Agreement. A default notice has been served upon the Defendant pursuant to s.87(1) CCA. The Claimant claims
              1. The sum of £4274.88
              2. Interest pursuant to s69 of the County Court Act 1984 at a rate of 8.00percent from 25/08/11 to the date of hereof 1980 days is the sum of £1855.26.
              3. Future interest accruing at the daily rate of £0.94
              4. Costs

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X