• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Primark shoplift DBS check

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Primark shoplift DBS check

What you did was wrong, but in the event it caused no loss or damage, so what do you think you are paying for?

IMO RLP do a greater wrong by applying false pressure to the vulnerable to line their own pockets.
    Vigilantism includes deceit and a pretence of legality and I regard it as a lot worse than a small theft.
    We have a system of law in the UK and if Primark want some form of satisfaction they should use the courts.
    It is totally wrong that they are allowed to write misleading letters in a pseudo legal language to threaten and cajole their victims into paying "compensation" which is not due.

Please do not feed them

Comment

But my parents are insisting on paying on my behalf lil I get the money to pay them back
      Last edited by GirlG; 27th February 2017, 08:24:AM.

Comment

Forget it completely !!!! Nobody has lost anything at all. Why should you be paying?

Comment

although loathe to disagree with parents, IMO they are completely wrong.
          They are supporting an alternative private form of justice which has no place in our society.
          We are governed by the rule of law, and firms like RLP have no place in it.
          It is reprehensible that they are allowed to continue to operate in this fashion, and to pay them is to become complicit in their modus operandi when you know better.

Comment

So I experienced similar thing the other day. It was absolutely stupid and I am so regretful and ashamed for what I've done... Could anyone please give me some advice? I was caught shoplifting in boots but no police was called. The security guard just gave me the ban letter and RLP letter and let me go.I took some expensive makeup products (worth around 80 pounds) and the security guard saw it. I returned all the products back and apologized for it afterwards... I wonder what is going to happen next... I saw something about investigation on the letter, will the RLP do any investigation on me or so? Do I owe them any loss? I haven't received the fine letter from RLP yet but I am just really worried now. I am not 18 yet and I just don't know how else to ask for help. Please kindly give me some advice..

Comment

Chrissylee. The advice is the same as above. Ignore completely. RLP have absolutely no authority or right to issue fines. It matters not that the goods were expensive, the fact that they were all returned makes it no loss to Boots. There is no loss on staff time as the security guard was doing exactly what he was paid to do. You will get multiple letter from RLP demanding that you pay £150 - £200 in compensation for their loss but there has been no loss, they lie. Just ignore

Comment

Hi Chrissylee
                Further to my PM, if you feel pressurised your welcomed to seek reassurance here

Comment

Thanks for the advice. So they will not do investigation or things like that to me? I remember the security guard said something about RLP will do investigation and have evidence of me dropping stuff in my bags... I don't remember what exactly he said and I am just worried they will do further action than just asking me for paying fines. If I don't pay for it is there any consequences I have to bare? Sorry for being so wordy I am just extremely worried at the moment...

Comment

RLP wil not do any investigating.
                    They have the report from the retailer, and on the basis of that send unwarranted demands for money.
                    They are not fines.
                    Only the court can fine you.
                    They are just demands for money, tied up in legalistic terms, which you can ignore.
                    If you do not pay the only consequences are that you keep your cash, and they will write more letters (which you keep ignoring!)

Youcan see how they work..... already you are worried, they know that and will play on it.
                    Please just ignore them and get on with your life.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your reply. I am just going to wait for the letter and see what it's said. Thanks again I really appreciate for you help.

Comment

I just received the letter from RLP. It told me to pay a fixed amount of 197.5 pounds to them. I do not have that kind of money to pay them. It said if I do not have the ability to pay them I should talk to them first. Should I contact them? It also stated that "Although you are a juvenile, under civil law, you are, generally, considered to be responsible for what you did and for the consequences of what you did." So does it mean that they have the right to take me to the court? Please let me know what should I do....

Comment

Originally posted by simplychrissylee View Post
                          I just received the letter from RLP. It told me to pay a fixed amount of 197.5 pounds to them. I do not have that kind of money to pay them. It said if I do not have the ability to pay them I should talk to them first. Should I contact them? It also stated that "Although you are a juvenile, under civil law, you are, generally, considered to be responsible for what you did and for the consequences of what you did." So does it mean that they have the right to take me to the court? Please let me know what should I do....
                          As a minor, you are generally not considered to be able to enter into a contract. Therefore under civil law, it becomes impossible to enforce said non-existent contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcadian View Post
                            As a minor, you are generally not considered to be able to enter into a contract. Therefore under civil law, it becomes impossible to enforce said non-existent contract.
                            Hi Arcadian

I don't think that they sue under contract law.
                            In the Oxford case, I believe the cause of action was trespass & conversion.
                            It was still kicked out, though.
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                            gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

so... If I don't pay them will they take me to court?

- - - Updated - - -

Would you please tell me what should I do now? Should I pay them or just keep ignoring them? Will they sue me if I don't pay them? Sorry for being wordy but Im just so worried....

Comment

Just keep ignoring them, even though they are attempting to use the world supply of red ink. They can do nothing.

They cannot take you to court, they have no reason to take you to court, they are not the injured party. The last time they tried court they got spanked. I don't think they would willingly repeat the process. Did you look up the Oxford case?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X