• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ

Help!! I have had a CCJ put on credit file for £357 from Civil Enforcement from over 2 years ago. Can't get through on phone can't get any info only if don't pay in a month will be sat on file for 6 years!! If want to dispute it will cost £255!!
    Tags: None

Re: CCJ

Sadly it isn't cheap. You have a chance to reclaim the fee if you win, but it's only a chance.

Have a read http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...et-aside-a-CCJ

M1

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie1810 View Post
      Help!! I have had a CCJ put on credit file for £357 from Civil Enforcement from over 2 years ago. Can't get through on phone can't get any info only if don't pay in a month will be sat on file for 6 years!! If want to dispute it will cost £255!!
      Thanks I can't even get through to find out what it is??!! Weighing it up just better to pay as I know moved to parents but didn't update DVLA.

Recently I had other parking tickets one went to this address but changed DVLA details 2 years ago!!

Not having a lot of luck

Comment

Simply paying it will not result in it being removed, just marked as satisfied.

Was the second parking charge from the same company?

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
          Simply paying it will not result in it being removed, just marked as satisfied.

Was the second parking charge from the same company?

No parking eye in Asda Warrington, I was advised if paid within a month it would be removed.

I have such a nightmere, got a letter from DRP so has been transfered on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie1810 View Post
            I was advised if paid within a month it would be removed.
            That reference to a month is the month following the judgement in the court case.

Is the second case also a recent (very) court judgement?

Comment

You will need to apply to set it aside due to it being issued at the wrong address - ring the court and see if you can find out the date of the judgment - it shouldn't show on your credit file or the register until after 28 days, but worth checking, then if it was within the last month you can pay it to keep it off the file, otherwise you will have to get the judgment set aside to get it removed from your file ( and then either defend or pay it).
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

It went onto my file 16.2.17 so still within a month. No I am making payments thru DRP it's the principle that I didn't know about the second one and it went to historical address!!

Just frustrated

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!! I will check, they are not very forth coming. Would I have to pay £357 plus the £255!!??

Comment

If you get it set aside then the court should order costs against the claimant, so they'd owe you the £255 cost of the application ( although you might be able to just pay £100 (without hearing ) as it is straightforward wrong address.... and you'd pay them the original parking fine to get them to withdraw the claim ( through negotiating with them) You'd need to show that they had your current address when they brought the claim, and show that you have a defence to the claim... or at least a reasonable dispute.

First step find out the date of judgment, it's likely to have been mid Jan, but it could have been put on register straight away, though outside chance.
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you will check Monday.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X