• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays HP Voluntary Termination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays HP Voluntary Termination

Afternoon everyone. About mid-December I'd sent the VT notice letter (template taken off this website). I have made about 6 monthly payments over what was required to reach 50%, so I had cancelled the DD straight away. Car was collected in January, and sold on the 2nd of February.
    Today I got a letter asking for
    1)arrears between last payment made in November and when the car was actually sold, saying their T&C's are saying I'm still liable for the contractual monthly payments until vehicle is sold and 2) the shortfall between the estimated average valuation and the amount that the car was sold for at auction, shortfall to be caused by the condition of the vehicle.

I've rang and complained about arrears, saying that from the date on my VT notice I'm no longer liable and I was told that as per TC I need to make payments until VT is finalised.

What do you think about this?
    Is there a specific section in law I could write back to them and quote, as having to pay until the vehicle is sold ( assuming it might take 6 months to sell) defeats the purpose of VT.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X