• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Northampton court - Civil Enforcement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northampton court - Civil Enforcement

Hi guys I'm sure you have answered this question many times so should be an easy one and I have read different information so just after clarification for my case.

In Feb 15 I stayed in car park run by civil enforcement and over stayed the 45mins over the years the letters they sent went into the bin.

Yesterday 24/2/17 I received a letter from Northampton court threatening legal action.

They are after £300 - now if I pay this straight away i.e. today will this stop any record of a CCJ going on my file? I'm applying for a remortgage and do not need this. Would line if you guys could just clarify how I get this gone so it does not effect me at all. Had I not been applying for a mortgage I pay have contested this but I don't want to take the risk and end of the day I did break the rules I just want rid.

Regards and thanks for your help
    Tags: None

Re: Northampton court - Civil Enforcement

The CCJ is not recorded against just cause you have a case pending. You have to lose the case AND then not pay within a month for the CCJ to be recorded.

First thing you need to do is acknowledge the Northampton claim online using the details on the form. Don't lose those details. Do not enterr anything in the Defence, you have 28 days from the date of service to do that. Date of Service is usually 5 days from date of issue. It's all on the form.

Howe come it's £300? That's rather a lot of addons.

Comment

Thank you for the swift reply. Yes the amount is ridiculous the particulars of the claim state:

Outstanding debt and damages £254.67 intrest of 18.67% court fees of £25 legal representatives cost £50 total amount £329.67

Issue date of county business centre claim form 21/02/17

Should have just paid the £50 they wanted two years ago.

But as long as I pay this I won't get a CCJ I'm going to have to just pay as I'm getting a remortgage application done this Tuesday

Comment

Let us see the paperwork, suitably sanitised.

If this is a court claim then it'll be months before it hits a court and even if you lost you still get 28 days to pay before it should screw your credit file.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X