• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Recommendations on my Parking Eye defence statement?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recommendations on my Parking Eye defence statement?

Things I have noted are;

hey have produced a contract between the landowner and ParkingLie, and also a plan of signs are cameras on the site - however there is no evidence of planning permission from the local authorities. Are they trying to fob me off with this 'in-house' plan?

I received nothing in the claimant in the post, only the proceedings from the court, and subsequent directions questionnaire from ParkingLie. Should I tell the court this before or during the hearing?

Would you be able to help with my witness statement? I was not the driver, so how can I produce a witness statement?

Comment

PS - I can no longer contact the driver

Comment

Sorry it has taken this long.

It's a pity you can't contact the driver. You should certainly mention them telling you about the flat tyre. Your witness statement won't be very long but that part is essential.

When you get to court be ready with the grace periods argument. The claimants evidence clearly shows 12 minutes. The BPA code has 2 grace periods. 1 at the entry and another 10 minutes to leave. As well as this, particularly if they say the 2 minutes on entry is too much, i'd be arguing that the very small amount of time if not ruled within the grace periods, is de minimis once the grace periods are accounted for. (so insignificant the court should not even consider the claim).

M1

Comment

Hi, I've had other commitments to worry about and just received notification for the hearing. In just over a month away, I need to send my witness statement etc. I'm thinking I don't have enough time now. Should I just pay up?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm really going to find it a struggle to spend much more time on this

Comment

Well, you could submit a witness statement and ask for a hearing on papers. Whilst it's not the best option i don't see why you wouldn't do it. 1. You may still win. 2. I don't see it costing more to pay after losing than you'd pay now.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X