• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Problems with car, where do I stand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with car, where do I stand

First time posting on a forum so here it goes,

I brought a bi turbo diesel Vauxhall Insignia car from a looker's dealership in May 2015 at 10 months old and 8000 miles on it. In February 2016 I complained about squealing of the brakes and steering wheel vibrates when braking, rattling noise from instrument/ clocks and hard to select gears, they ordered a new instrument/ clock cluster blamed the vibration on worn tyres and said they couldn't fault Bluetooth also cleaned brakes. went back in for Bluetooth, squealing and vibration with new tyres fitted they fitted new front discs and pads, cleaned oil residue on turbo boost pipe. Went back in again June for car going into limp home, brakes still squealing and Bluetooth issue, they re calibrated dpf pressure sensor, said they couldn't fault brakes and installed an upto date software for infotainment. went in again in July for Bluetooth and brakes squeal and oil on turbo boost pipe, they replaced turbo boost pipe this time, deglazed front and rear brakes and said they still cannot fault Bluetooth. Lookers said they will contact Vauxhall what to do with brakes and Bluetooth, didn't hear nothing for over a month until I phoned them in August, they wanted to book it in again to do tests while they had it in. On the 4th of September and only 20000 miles on the clock while driving the car a sudden jerking to the car I pulled it over to find oil pouring from underneath so a call to AA they find the gearbox had gone so got it dropped of to a closer lookers but being a Sunday had no way of booking it in or a courtesy car. A call Monday they tell me it was booked in that Thursday and no cars available but said I need one to get around they said they would look for one. I called Thursday it was booked in for they weren't doing it as to short of staff. Eventually got a car the Tuesday over a week later. They told me the gearbox has a hole in it and has took the flywheel and starter motor which had to come from Germany, I asked them to look at the Bluetooth and brake squeal as maybe a new garage might solve it. A month later I get a call saying my car was done so asked what was done and found out they hadn't looked at the Bluetooth and brakes so said I want it sorted. many weeks later and calls they kept saying they couldn't fault it. Got in touch with Lookers complaints department who the customer relations got involved and told them to change the front brake discs and pads which is now the second set they replaced a bass door speaker saying its popping which would cause the issue. They got the car moved to the original dealership where it stayed for another few weeks the test drove it heard the squealing noise so replaced the rear brake pads and rear tyres and stereo unit. Picked the car back up on the 30th November, they damaged an alloy bolts where left loose and a noise was coming fro m the front. few days later found out it was coming from the new gearbox and went when clutched pressed, sent a recording to Lookers through email and they said there was defiantly a noise there and would look at it in January 4th, I asked if it was okay to drive as was going down the motorway that weekend and last time shocked me they didn't respond, coming back up the Monday 12th December while overtaking I couldn't select any gear, so had to pull over, got car back to mine. Told Lookers they collected the car and dropped a courtesy car of that day, A week or so later they say they need to replace the gearbox again as faulty and needs to come from Germany again, Get an email in January saying gearbox is done so said what about Bluetooth, so they have been going back and forth to Vauxhall over weeks saying replace the hmi unit that didn't solve it, then go through all the software to make sure upto date everything okay, they are now saying that the stereo is working to how it should do and that the Bluetooth is not forward compatible with new phones and that they will work but not 100% perfect.

They still have the car and its now February 22nd and I have been still paying for it and the tax and insurance. Can someone please let me know where I stand with all this as now don't believe the car is fit for purpose.
    Tags: None

Re: Problems with car, where do I stand

The procedure for rejecting a vehicle as unsatisfactory changed under the new Consumer Rights Act, but because of when you bought it you should still be covered under the old Sale Of Goods Act?

Under that law you are given a "reasonable time" to reject goods, that time period is dependant on the nature of the product and the circumstances of the fault/s.

With hindsight you probably should have rejected the car much earlier on as it sounds like it has been an ongoing catalogue of disasters! That doesn't mean that you can't reject it at this point, but I would want to seek clarification from someone on here with more in depth knowledge than me...

Comment

Re: Problems with car, where do I stand

Hi Arcadian, thanks for the reply, I wish i did reject the car earlier just didn't know it was gonna be this problematic. Hopefully someone can shine some light on my issue.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X