• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI HFC Bank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI HFC Bank

Good afternoon,

I recently submitted a PPI claim to HFC Bank (yes! used Resolver again as it was done at the same time as my Egg loan claim).

When I was going through paperwork from HFC Bank I noted that on the Settlement Statement I received in respect of a loan from them it said ``Total Amount Payable £1,162.56 - Less Insurance Premium refund due to you £37.85`` I am thinking this could be PPI?

I applied for a the loan to purchase a car but did not request any insurance and was not aware insurance had been added to the loan also I was at the time and still am self employed.

I have the account number and settlement date but no other information about the loan or PPI (a copy of this letter was attached to the claim via Resolver)

Today I have received a letter from HSBC who inform me that HFC accounts have been transferred to them and they are dealing with my PPI complaint. They have sent me another form to complete - I have already completed the same form on the Resolver site, which they must have as they have quoted the loan account number. They also say that their initial search shows insufficient information for my account number and they want more evidence of the PPI. This loan was repaid in 2002, surely they would not hold any actual information about this. In order for them to fully investigation they need more information about the account.

I was wondering if anyone can please offer any help? Is it really necessary for me to complete another form? They say they have found insufficient information for my account yet apart from the HFC settlement statement I have already sent them I do not have any other information. Why would I receive Insurance Premium refund if insurance had no been added to the loan? (hope this makes sense)

I`d be very grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction about what I should do next. Thank you so much.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X