• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Major works

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major works

We have booked a holiday to usa, Ney York, San Fran, Las Vegas. Booked through a reputable travel agent. We told them what we wanted and they booked all flights and accom. My friend has booked LA and we are stopping at same hotel. She has informed me that her travel agent(different one to mine) has rung her to tell her that the hotel will be undergoing major repairs and the pool will be closed when we are due to be there. They have now offered her an alternative and better hotel with deluxe room. I never heard from my TA so I emailed them to ask the situation. They came back to say the travel company Hayes say we can use the pool at the hotel on the opposite side of the road. What they didn't tell me was the opposite side consist of about a 10 lane road and bridges, so its not just a matter of crossing the road. Besides this I don't think its acceptable. We have paid a lot of money for a hotel with a swimming pool not to be sent to a building site. But Hayes have said they are not prepared to move people. The TA must have been aware before booking that these works were to be carried out as I googled it and it was showing impending works months before this hotel was booked. Could someone please tell me where i stand on this? Thanks for any help/advice. The flights and accom were booked separately by the agent.
    Tags: None

Re: Major works

Hi and welcome

Iwould write back to your agent, pointing out that Hayes display the ADTA logo, and ABTA's advice (from their website is:

If your holiday is booked and then your travel company finds out about building works at your hotel, and these works are considered extensive enough to seriously impair the enjoyment of your holiday, your travel company must notify you without delay, and offer you the opportunity to transfer to alternative accommodation.
    Where the alternative constitutes a significant change to your booking, your travel company should offer you the option of cancelling without penalty, or transferring to an alternative holiday if available.
    https://abta.com/holiday-help-and-complaints/how-can-we-help-you/ive-just-been-told-that-building-works-are-taking-place-at-my-hotel.-what-c

Tell your agent that if Hayes continue with their current attitude you will contact both ABTA and Hayes CEO

You can also point out that Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 the travel company have to supply t he accommodation promised on taking the reservation> Failure will leave the company open to a claim for damages

Comment

Re: Major works

All sorted now thanks, they have moved us

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X