• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Are you vulnerable, seriously ill and cannot cope?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you vulnerable, seriously ill and cannot cope?

If you are being pursued for debt and are battling serious physical or mental health problems, LET THE DEBT COMPANY KNOW.

Informing a debt company of your health problems does not count as 'acknowledging' the debt.

The short template below should help:

Dear Debt Company

You have recently contacted me about XXXX account.

This letter does not accept any liability or acknowledgment of XXXX account but instead serves as a written notification that I am a vulnerable person who is experiencing distress because of debt collection activity.

Since 20XX I have suffered with XXXXX condition for which I am receiving XXXX treatment from My GP, Mr/Mrs XXXX.

This condition causes me to suffer XXX which prevents me from working.

[Give as much information as possible, this can also include if you are caring for a vulnerable family member or partner.]

Useful summary from Stepchange:

How creditors must treat vulnerable customers

Often problem debt goes hand-in hand with other issues. If these other issues make it difficult to deal with your debts you might need some extra support from your creditors.
    It's important to let your creditors know if you're in a vulnerable situation, so they're aware about any difficulties your experiencing that may make it harder for you to deal with your debts.

What does ‘vulnerable’ mean?

Creditors and advice agencies like us often use the term ‘vulnerable’ when describing someone who finds it more difficult to deal with their debts because of their health or something that’s happened in their life.
    If you’ve experienced the following, or anything similar, you might be considered vulnerable if this makes it harder to cope with the pressure of debts:
    • A recent bereavement
    • Mental health problems
    • Long-term or terminal illness
    • Dementia or brain injury
    • Difficulty in communicating, for example reading or speaking on the phone
    • A learning disability
    • Relationship breakdown
    • Addiction

There are lots of other reasons why someone could find dealing with debts difficult. Conversely, we also know that many people who experience these situations can manage to deal with their debts.
    Often vulnerability is temporary – if you’re finding it hard to manage now, you may find it easier to manage in future.
    And vulnerability often doesn’t affect all areas of your life. For example you may find no problems dealing with other day-to-day activities, but dealing with debts or money may be a struggle.
    When we refer to ‘vulnerability’ we’re not looking to label you or put you in a box. We just want to make sure that we’re giving you the right support to deal with your debts, and you’re not put at a disadvantage because of any health or other issues you have.

"Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X