• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell threat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell threat

Hi I'm new on here my partner has just received a court letter from lowell addressed to her x boyfriend(who has never been registered as living there) demanding £1700 for a provident loan took out about 5 years ago and apparently was paid to the agent/collector who then ran off with the money she had been collecting from people, they have given 12 days to answer to the letter summons the letter looks like a photo copy. Can you please advise me thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell threat

And in the particulars of claim they are saying the Defendant failed to maintain the required payments and a default notice was served and not complied with and the agreement was later assigned to the claimant on 29/08/14 and notice greatly venue to the Defendant,the original loan was about £400 which was all paid but like I said in other post the agent was pocketing the money's paid to her.

Comment

Firstly you will need to acknowledge service of the claim. If it is issued by the County Court Business Centre there will be a password shown on the middle right hand side of the claim form. You have 5 days from the date of issue shown for service and then a further 14 days to acknowledge it. This then allows a further 14 days for the filing of the defence.

it would be a good idea for your partner to send a statutory request under s. 77 (as it appears to be a loan) of the Consumer Credit Act with a £1.00 postal order to Llowells - LB has a template you can use.

Send CPR 31.14 request to Llowrlls solicitors requesting a copy of any documents mentioned in the particulars of claim I e agreement, assignment, default notice - LB has a template you can use.

Would also suggest sending a SAR under the Data Protection Act to Provident requesting all data they hold on you. Enclose the £10 statutory fee. Again LB has a template you can use.

Comment

CCA Request || CPR 31.14 Request

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post

Thanks Mike770 for posting the links!

Comment

Originally posted by Ferrety20 View Post
            my partner has just received a court letter from lowell addressed to her x boyfriend(who has never been registered as living there).
            Is she in touch with her ex? Because it is he who needs to be given the court form to return and he who should be asking for the relevant documents to be sent to him.

It's not your partner's problem.

Comment

She's not in touch with her ex so doesn't really know what to do would her address get the ccj? or how does it work can they give a ccj to someone who has never lived at that address and without them knowing anything about it? I'm confused to say the least but thank you for all the help and advice all future help welcome.

Comment

She's not in touch with her ex so doesn't really know what to do would her address get the ccj?
                No, a CCJ only applies to a person, not to an address.

Comment

Would her x get a ccj if he didn't even know about it? Would they need to contact him?

Comment

It's

Comment

yes her ex would get a CCJ.

But there is nothing she can do about this if she isn't in touch with him. She CANNOT complete the dfence forms and reply to the court. She can let the solicitors know that he doesn't live there, he has never lived there and she doesn't know where he is at the moment.

Addresses do not get blacklisted. The fact he gets a CCJ at your address will not affect her credit record (assuming she doesnt still have any joint accounts with him) or yours.

Comment

Hi my partner has now received a judgement of claim ( in default) letter from lowell saying her x has to pay ex amount a month, she has managed to contact x and told him he us going to get ccj,she asked me to ask if there is anything he can do to rectify this because she feels a bit sorry for him as it's not his fault

Comment

I have read that you can ask for original debt documents and stuff on some of the other threads can you help with this please

- - - Updated - - -

Or is it all to late

Comment

I have read that you can ask for original debt documents and stuff on some of the other threads can you help with this please
                            That could have been done a month ago as suggested by @Joanna C (post #3).

- - - Updated - - -

Or is it all to late
                            Your partner's ex will now need to seek a set-aside of judgment before any further defence could be considered.
                            http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...lication-notes
                            ####
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                            gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks for speedy reply I'll pass it on was that a link for the procedure thanks again and will that halt the ccj action

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X