• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN - Potential Issue for an Order for Recovery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PCN - Potential Issue for an Order for Recovery

Thank you Michael, Appreciate the info.

But I am still unsure what happens if they reject my witness statement, not the OOT Witness Statement?

Comment

Sorry, I have confused the issue by mentioning 'out of time' WS, my mistake. However the process remains the same :
      If your witness statement is rejected, you will receive a letter from the Traffic Enforcement Centre to advise you of the decision and informing you that you may apply within 14 days to have the decision ‘reviewed’ by way of an N244 Application for which there is a fee of £255

After 14 days if you haven't made an N244 application, the warrant will no longer be on hold, and bailiff enforcement can recommence.

Comment

Alright, thank you. I am not going to risk getting rejected if they decide to.

So I will accept the price and message them (appeal via the camden website) to negotiate some sort of deposit method as des stated.

Thank you all for the help.

Appreciated.

Comment

By all means try, if you don't ask you don't get, but councils in general will not agree to instalments and given Camden's leniency so far, I doubt they will extend and further goodwill.

You can be very certain that if you have not paid the full amount (£195+ £8) to the council within 21 days of receipt the Order for Recovery then bailiff action will start.

And that is regardless of any 'instalments ' you may have paid in the meantime. Any balance owing will be regarded as not paying the full amount and fair game for bailiffs to clamp your car and add substantial fees to the amount owing.

Comment

Good luck to any Bailiffs who attempt to lay a hand on my property

Comment

I don't know where you keep your car, but if it's not in a locked garage, for instance on the street or on your drive they will clamp it and the first you will know about it is a letter pushed through your door

Comment

Hi all,

Just to keep anyone updated who cares or may have been reading through this thread for self-reference, I replied with an email asking politely for some sort of instalment process or something we could work out is discretion and this was the reply I received.

http://imgur.com/a/oQMJo

I guess they will have no choice but to issue an Order for Recovery after costing me £200? And giving me an additional 21 days to pay up before court proceedings?

Any additional info would be appreciated on top of all the advice and info I have been given throughout the thread from the helpful members.

Kind Regards

Comment

Camden have given you 28 days from the 3rd March , plus the 21 days after the OfR, which gives you 7 weeks to pay off £203. Although the council say they wll not accept payment in instalments, in reality they will, and there's nothing to stop you paying it at £30 per week. Better that than incurring bailiff fees which will more than double the amount owed.

Comment

So in reality if I cannot actually afford the £203 in 7 weeks or so, They will have no choice & will accept an installation process and set one up for me? Shall I reply on the PCN appeal link once again stating that or await the OfR and tell them?

Kind Regards

Comment

They will have no choice & will accept an installation process and set one up for me?
                      No they won't. By that time it will be in the hands of bailiffs, who will add a £75 compliance fee and a £235 attendance fee to the existing £208. They won't be interested in instalments. Without immediate payment in full, they will clamp/tow your car and then add £40 per day storage.

Comment

Oh I thought you said "In reality they will accept installments" ?

I guess the best option due to my financial situation is to ignore/appeal this once again and await the OfR and do whatever I can to come up with the money (£203)?

Regards

Comment

Oh I thought you said "In reality they will accept installments" ?
                          Yes,' they' being the council. Whilst they always say they will not accept instalments, in reality they will not refuse any payment. But if you haven't paid it in full by the time OfR runs out, bailiffs will add their fees of at least £310

Comment

Ok, So If I appeal respectively within the time frame I've now been given (28 Days from the 4th March) stating once again that an Installment process is the only way Id be able to make repayments they will allow that? Or will they immediatly issue an OfR and force the whole payment at the end of the OfR period.

Thank you once again.

Regards

Comment

Ok, So If I appeal respectively within the time frame I've now been given (28 Days from the 4th March) stating once again that an Installment process is the only way Id be able to make repayments they will allow that?
                              No, you are way beyond any appeal. Effectively they have given you 7 weeks to come up with the full payment, which is more than the statutory enforcement process normally allows.

Suggest you wake up and smell the coffee

Comment

Ok I understand, But you confused me a bit by saying the council would accept installments and then saying they won't...

But alright, thanks for the help & advice anyways.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X