• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN - Potential Issue for an Order for Recovery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PCN - Potential Issue for an Order for Recovery

You can only try them problem maybe the fact you have broken down many times to me im soory to say does look good

Comment

This is extremely unjust, there must be a way to get out of this or even mitigate the cost...

Honestly, I appreciate the help.

Comment

wish I knew a way out and get it back to original penalty or scrapped

Comment

You are your own worst enemy. The council have reset the penalty to the discounted amount three times since last summer, yet you haven't seen fit to take advantage of that in 9 months.

The next letter will be the Order for Recovery (£195+ £8) If you don't pay that, the next thing will be bailiffs clamping your car and demanding upwards of £500

Comment

Alright, Thanks anyways.

I will send a Witness Statement. It is what it is. Sad I am forced into this situation for something out of my control...

Regards

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, Thanks anyways.

I will send a Witness Statement. It is what it is. Sad I am forced into this situation for something out of my control...

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Marciano View Post

I will send a Witness Statement. .
              On what grounds ?

Be aware that proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against you if you make or cause to be made a false statement in a witness statement verified by a statement of truth without an honest belief in its truth

Sad I am forced into this situation for something out of my control...
              The situation has been within your control for nine months, it's just that you refuse.to accept that the present situation is entirely of your own making.

The council has bent over backwards by agreeing to accept the discounted penalty on three occasions. I have never known any council do that, especially Camden.

This is going to end very badly.

Comment

Ok, After reading up on the Witness Statement, I can send one on the grounds of not receiving a "Notice to Owner" which I didn't...

I've also read that sending a statement restarts the process?

What happens if they chose to reject it for whatever reason ?

Appreciate the replies once again & the advice.

Regards

Comment

Ok, After reading up on the Witness Statement, I can send one on the grounds of not receiving a "Notice to Owner" which I didn't...

I've also read that sending a statement restarts the process?

What happens if they chose to reject it for whatever reason ?
                  Putting aside that you say you made 'Many appeals back and forth' yet still didn't receive the NTO, if by some chance you do manage to have the witness statement accepted, the PCN will be set back to the NTO stage, where you can either pay the full penalty(£130) or make formal representations.

I wouldn't bank on it though.

Comment

I don't understand what the failure of your battery has to do with a PCN being issued for parking either in a place for which you did not have a permit or had not purchased a parking ticket.
                    The PCN does not seem to have been issued for overstaying.

As @michael, the council have already reset the charge three times. They seem quite reasonable so why didn't you come to an arrangement and pay by installment.
                    I don't see you have valid grounds for appealing, and wonder what your witness statement will say.

In an attempt to avoid spiralling costs and visits from bailiffs it might be worth accepting the penalty charge.
                    Plead for mercy and time to pay, include a reasonable deposit and hope
                    Last edited by des8; 16th February 2017, 19:20:PM. Reason: crossed with michael's last posts

Comment

and if it gets rejected?

Comment

you'll be no worse off than you are now!

Comment

The battery died on that road is what I'm saying and I wheeled it off the road into that booth with my girlfriend and left it briefly after making a couple calls.

But if that is not a reasonable enough argument then fair enough and yes you're right I should have paid earlier, just a shame that certain peoples financial responsibilities are somewhat of a roller coaster every month.

If pleading for a deposit and then installments is the only way then I have no choice.

- - - Updated - - -

do they not automatically go for an Order for Recovery if it is rejected?

Comment

do they not automatically go for an Order for Recovery if it is rejected?
                            If your ‘Out of Time’ witness statement is rejected, you will receive a letter from the Traffic Enforcement Centre to advise you of the decision and informing you that you may apply within 14 days to have the decision ‘reviewed’ by way of an N244 Application for which there is a fee of £255

After 14 days if you haven't made an N244 application, the warrant will no longer be on hold, and bailiff enforcement can recommence.

Comment

I thought what I am sending is a Witness statement not a Out of time witness statement?

Are they not 2 separate things?

Comment

Witness statement, but wait for the Order for Recovery first. It will give details of how to file a WS

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X