• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Notice of application of attachment of earnings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice of application of attachment of earnings

Hello all!
    I am new to here and I need some help.
    I have received a notice of application of attachment of earning on a debt that comes up to £4101.

No the thing is I am disabled and I am not able to work. I currently receive PIP. I am married with two children.

I guess I need to stop ignoring this and replying to this as I only have 8 days. The question is. How does this apply to me? I need to fill in an income and expenses but this is my debt so do I just put my PIP as income and the same amount as outgoing for adult care? Do I have to name my wife and children on this? if I need to do it can I leave her out? We do receive CB and CTC. Do i have to include this? I am completely lost. I don't want this to affect my family if I can help it?

I do have some other debts but I must deal with this quickly.

Many thanks!
    Tags: None

Re: Notice of application of attachment of earnings

If it is for an Attachment of Earnings then it does not apply but you will need to provide proof you get XXXXX Benefits. They could then go for an Attachment to Benefits but the chances are this will be very low and of no use to them. To have got this far you must have a CCJ against you. You need to know who it is from and what for, do you have any knowledge of the debt, could it be statute Barred etc?

Comment

Hi and thank you for replying ti my post.
      It is for a credit card with vanquish. YEs I received a CCJ but wrongly ignored it. This account was opened in 2010 and it is not statue barred. Defaulted back inApril 2016.
      So to fill this papers, I have to give my detail, marital status, dependants, employer and then income and expenditure. When it come to income do I just put my PIP and with expenditure my adult care? Can I put somewhere I don't contribute to expenses? and then leave all the rest blank?

Comment

No you must contact the Court and advise them you do not work so an Attachment of Earnings is not possible.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
          No you must contact the Court and advise them you do not work so an Attachment of Earnings is not possible.
          Sorry to ask a silly question but do i do this in writing, phone, email?

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey59 View Post

Sorry to ask a silly question but do i do this in writing, phone, email?
            Do it initially by phone, you can back it up in writing after.

Comment

So I phoned up this morning but i have been told i have to fill in the form. My qyestion is do i have to put my wifes income?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X