• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Divorce and consent/mesher orders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce and consent/mesher orders

Hi,
    Bear with me while I give you the details before asking the questions

My wife and I came to the conclusion last October that neither of us was particularly happy in our marriage so agreed to divorce.
    We have been married for 19 years and lived together before that for 6, we have two children one who's nearly 17 and in full time employment and one that is 10. We have a joint mortgage with some equity in the house. My main concern in all the chaos is that the children should stay with their mother in the family home, so the intention is that I move out and rent somewhere. My wife cannot afford to buy me out at this time.
    I have visited a solicitor who sat me down and went through what my obligations were and what could be done within the law. She also jotted down what my wife would be entitled to and in principle my wife is in agreement
    Part of the conversation was about consent orders and Mesher orders.

I obviously still have an interest in the house and cannot get off the mortgage even if I wanted to however I do want to move on with my life and would like to get out asap. Trouble is I am concerned that once I move out the divorce will loose momentum so I'd like to get as much done and in place as possible before I move out.

If I look at the timeline of a divorce I can see that its too early to actually get a consent order but would it be a good idea to get it drawn up and signed in readiness?
    The solicitor seemed to think drawing up the order would cost about £800 does this seem reasonable? I'm not flush and it seems a lot.

Any help or input would be most welcome.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X