• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

WON - Hoist portfolio vs souffle - undecided on if I should defend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hoist portfolio vs souffle - undecided on if I should defend

Print it out before you submit it online, you will see a few things youve missed. I only mean spaces between words nothing major.

Comment

Help, I'm late with my witness statement

hoist haven't sent me anything. I sent the standard requests. They haven't sent me a witness statement either.
      i won't be able to make the court date

Comment

When was/is your witness statement due in ? When is the hearing ?

Have you checked with the court whether the claim is proceeding ?

If it is, then you'll need to get your WS in asap, and you will also need to write to the court at least 7 days before to inform them you won't be attending and ask them to hear it in your absence ( using your WS for your side of things - so extra important you get everything in there )
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I called and they paid the fee. I'm just going to try to get the witness statement done tonight after work and hope they continue to supply nothing. The court date is 12th July but when the letter arrived I had a lot going on and just realised that I've dropped the ball on this

Comment

Okay they've paid the fee but not filed and served their witness statement or any documents they intend to rely on ? It's a Barclaycard ( so they will need the cca ). Well, lets hope thats a precursor to their discontinuation. They can get a full refund of the hearing fee up to 7 days before the hearing. Fingers crossed.

Regardless, you'll have to do your Witness statement on the basis nothing has been provided. There's some examples http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ness-Statement which should give you a kick start.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I'm basically just going to be putting that I've sent the letters to them and they haven't provided anything? I have the tracking numbers? do I include copies of my letters?

Comment

Yes, any letters / documents you refer to you'll need to include at the end as exhibits
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

STRUCK OUT!!

Howard Cohen and Hoist didn't provide any documentation, witness statement, or turn up!

Comment

Many thanks to @Amethyst @charitynjw [MENTION=61310]diana[/MENTION]-M and @pmpmpm22 for your help and support, it is very much appreciated.

If the claim has been struck out can they try again? Are they likely to under your experience?
                    I suspected they had no intention of turning up because on the DQ under witnesses (including yourself) they put 0.

Comment

Well done, congratulations. I don't think they can do anything now without applying to the court. There's easier fish to fry for their business model.
                      They buy these debts for pennies in the £ & ideally they hope that defendants are either frightened and pay them or the defendants don't react to a claim form and they get automatic judgements by default. Easy money - apart from the odd one that doesn't play ball

Comment

Well done, souffle!

I'll give @Kati a nudge to change the thread title accordingly
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                        gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by souffle View Post
                          STRUCK OUT!!

Howard Cohen and Hoist didn't provide any documentation, witness statement, or turn up!
                          Super news You should get an order from the court confirming at some point. They can apply but after such disregard for the cpr they will have a job. Congratulations.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X