• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Notice

Hi, hoping someone can help me. I parked last week on a local carpark, paid the 50 pence required to park and placed the ticket on the dashboard. The ticket must have blown off the dashboard without me realising (it was in place as I closed the driver door, but then my 7 year old took a long time closing her door as she was messing around getting out of the car and I assume this is when the ticket moved.) So anyway, I returned to the car well within the hour and found a parking charge notice from Phoenix Parking. I phoned them from the car straight away and said I had the parking ticket as proof that I had paid and they advised me to scan it and send them a copy which I did, and explained that even though the ticket had possibly moved I still had paid for a ticket and if they checked the cctv on the car park they would see me buying a ticket and returning it to the car.

Today I received an email saying that my appeal had been rejected and that they require payment within 14 days, in which case the £100 charge will be reduced to £60.
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Charge Notice

Did they supply a popla code or say to appeal to theias ?

M1

Comment

Hi, no they have just sent an email reply stating that I failed to pay and display, they have attached photographs of my dashboard to the email, and have given instructions to pay by either post or telephone.

Comment

Which company ?

M1

Comment

Phoenix Parking Solutions Ltd

Comment

http://www.phoenix-parking.com/

An IPC shower of shit.

An appeal has a low chance of winning so i'd probably just file and ignore everything unless a proper letter before action or court papers arrive within the next 6 years.

I would take photos of the car park signs if possible, just in case you need them.

M1

Comment

Thankyou M1. Can they find out where I live? At the moment they only have my vehicle reg and email address. I was reading that they may be able to apply to the DVLA and track me down?

I am so cross because I bought the ticket and even though it had blown off the dashboard I still had a ticket, I'm not that hard up that I can't afford 50 bloody pence to park the car. Even with this as evidence they still don't care, bloody vultures!!

What makes me more upset than anything is that on that day I had parked up and went to order flowers for my Dad's funeral, and then the bloody email turns up, the day after his funeral, to say they still want money. I could do without this shit right now.

Comment

They can find out from DVLA where the registered keeper lives.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X