• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking ticket from PPS - 1st appeal rejected

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking ticket from PPS - 1st appeal rejected

Hello there, I've just received a decline to an appeal from PPS and received POPLA code :

The ticket was issued at local car park around my parents estate. It was always free to park around that area, untill neighbours hired PPS company. They gave out permits for all homeowners including my parents but the ticket was issued while I went to their house to get the permit badge. (Yes it took me around 2 h to come back with it but the ticket was already on the windscreen).

I have made an online appeal to them saying the below:

Hello, I have been mistakenly charged by your company for parking without permit while having one. The ticket must have been issued while I went home to get the permit badge. (see photo evidence attached).
    Please see below my car details:

vehicle registration: xxxx
    Vehicle make: Mini
    Colour: white
    Date issued: 21/01/2017, 19:04
    Issued by: OP000046
    Location code: 000261xxxx

I live under -my parents addres here- with my parents surname:-----

Hope this evidence is enough to prove it was just misunderstanding.

Kind regards.

And they replied with a decline and bunch of photos they took. Obviously car didn't have permit badge at that time so guy did what he had to do and fined me, but it's not like I was parking there for the first time.

So my question is it worth appealing POPLA with this case ?

I did send them photo's of my car with the permit displayed afterwards but achieved nothing.

Thank you .
    Tags: None

Re: Parking ticket from PPS - 1st appeal rejected

Sanitise and post up the PCN and signs if you have them.

M1

Comment

Thank you for reply. Here are the images, and the PCN I will post tomorrow as I left it in the car.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

These last 2 are my images which I included in the appeal after I have placed the permit. I took them the day after but permit was placed 10-15 min after the PCN was issued - just didnt take photo then as it was very dark.

[IMG] [/IMG]

Comment

I'll suggest a suitable appeal when i see the PCN :okay:

M1

Comment

It's a bit embarrassing but it appears that I've lost the printed out PCN... as it's couple weeks after it was issued I must have put it somewhere and now i cannot seem to find it anywhere ?!

Can i obtain a copy of it somewhere ? is it crucial for you to see it ? it look really standard and basic I can find similar example of the web.

it looked like this one:

Comment

I can live without it. Would have been better.

So, you only had a ticket placed on the vehicle and nothing via post ?

M1

Comment

Yes, only on the windscreen.

Comment

Ok leave it with me.

M1

Comment

Hello again, did you have any chance to look at my case ? Today Is the last day I can pay the ticket off lower the amount so thought I'll ask

Thanks

Comment

I think an appeal has a good chance of winning. If you appeal to popla you will not be allowed the discounted figure. PPS are bound by a popla decision where as you are not. If you lost you could ignore them and see if they take you to court.

PPS court claims are quite rare but not non existent. http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Premi...Solutions.html

M1

Comment

Ok, by appealing you say I should use the same text I used for an appeal to PPS ? If they take me to court is it possible that I will be charged (if they win) much more than 100 which I will owe after popla ?

Thanks.

Comment

Ok, by appealing you say I should use the same text I used for an appeal to PPS ?
                        Absolutely not. I'll give you a suggestion for that soon.

If they take me to court is it possible that I will be charged (if they win) much more than 100 which I will owe after popla ?
                        It would likely be £200 or so in total IF you lost at court.

M1

Comment

Edit to suit, especially number 5 then upload to popla as per http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...a-process.html

Matek180.rtf

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                            Edit to suit, especially number 5 then upload to popla as per http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...a-process.html

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27859[/ATTACH]

M1

Thank you for time spent on preparing this, I am not 100 % sure what do I fill in. Is it just those empty brackets [ ] at the end of the document ? or I need to put some personal info at the front.

Sorry for that but want to make it right. Do I insert any photo evidence to this doc ?

Comment

Pretty much only fill in the {} parts i'd think. Attach any/all photos too.

The personal info would be a good idea although that probably gets filled in on the popla website too.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X