• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car parking charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car parking charges

I have recently received a pcn notice in the post from the rainbow slides car park in stirling.
    I was in the car park for 57 minutes whilst trying 5find out what the warning lights meant that flashed up on my dashboard.I did not leave the car or pick anyone up or drop anyone off, I merely checked the manual and phoned a family member for clarification.
    Today I have received a letter saying my fine is £100 but will be reduced to £60 if paid promptly.

Do I have to pay this fine.
    Tags: None

Re: Car parking charges

There is no keeper liability in Scotland. Ignore and file anything that isn't court papers and wait for the 5 years prescription period to kick in.

M1

Comment

Thanks very much for your help.

What if the letters come more and more demanding, do I still ignore them

Comment

Yes. File and ignore.

The amount will rise to about £478123679645023154012507256127561256 then you'll get a discount when they realise you ain't paying probably to either £60 or £100 in the hope you pay quickly as you are relieved. (In reality a hail Mary to get any amount of money before giving up)

M1

Comment

Thanks once again.

This should put my mind at rest.

I was dreading coming home from work one day and finding the bailiffs taking my telly

Comment

They need to win in court and then you not to pay before then.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X