• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN- issued while buying ticket.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN- issued while buying ticket.

My mum received a PCN from Glasgow council in January last year, she appealed via a form attached to the letter she received but the appeal was refused so she paid the fine.

We were staying in a hotel on the street that issued parking tickets to residents only. In order to buy a ticket, we had to go into the hotel, check in and buy a ticket from reception which we did and the receptionist advised that all we had to do was display the ticket on the dash board as normal. Being a busy street, the car was parked quite far from the hotel so it took about 15 minutes to do this. In that time a PCN was issued.

This seemed like a simple appeal but it was refused because a small section at the bottom of the (pretty large) ticket titled 'number plate' wasn't filled in. We were completely unaware of this section or it's requirement although I believe it is mentioned in small print at the top of the ticket.
    It was dark outside when we bought the ticket and given that we were so far from the car, didn't really have time to read the fine print in the hotel so we followed the receptionists advice only.

We would like to submit a further appeal, I have downloaded an appeal form from glasgow councils website, any advice regarding this would be greatly appreciated. My googling so far has uncovered nothing to stipulate the time allowed to buy a ticket or whether anyone has a previous experience with misuse of this type of ticket.

I do have a photo of the ticket if an upload would help. It is a scratch card sort of ticket.

Thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: PCN- issued while buying ticket.

There's nothing more you can do. Once you have paid the penalty charge you are effectively admitting 'guilt' and any further avenues of appeal ie formal representations and adjudication are now closed.

Comment

That's unfortunate, can you point me in the direction of relevant legislation for future reference?

Comment

My understanding is that the motorist needs a notice of rejection from the council, which includes a notice of appeal form which can then be submitted to Scottish Parking Appeals Service. Without that form the appeals service will not deal with any appeal.
        Glasgow will not now issue those forms as the payment of the charge is an admission of the "transgression".

THe Scottish regs are hard to trace but you might find this link useful https://www.mygov.scot/parking-appeals/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X