• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA GROUP V's BRIGO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRA GROUP V's BRIGO

I have recieved a claim form from the county court buisiness centre

the claimant claims the sum of 8511.19 for debt and interest. On the 29/04/08 the defendant entered into an a
    agreement with MBNA for a credit card under ref xxxxxxxxxxxx. On 27/2/10 the dfendant defaulted on the agreement with an outstanding balance of 8140.50 . On the 29/2/12 the debt 8140.50 asigned to Aktive Kapital
    Portfolio AS,Oslo,Zug Branch, who itself assignedthe debt to PRA Group (uk LTD) on 31/12/14. Notices of assignment were sent to the defendant in acordance with S136 law of property act 1925. payments of £51 recieved up to31/5/16 AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS 1.the sum of 8084.50 2.Statuary interest pursuant to Section 69 of the county courtAct 1984 at a rate of 8.00% per annum from 31/5/16 to 27/1/17 426.69 and thereafter at a daily rate of 1.77 until judgement or sooner payment

Surgit Gida

I have registered Aknowledgement of service today 4 Feb 2017

the date on form is 2 Feb 2017

I have said I want to defend the claim.

What do I do now !!!

Regards
    Brigo
    Tags: None

Re: PRA GROUP V's BRIGO

Good morning, welcome to LB,

The first job is to send a CCA request (for a copy of the MBNA agreement) to PRA there's a £1.00 statutory fee for this, use a Postal Order marked

" For Statutory Fee Only" . Use the template from the green box at the top of the " court claim" forum and send by signed for post.

Meanwhile can you post a copy of the claim form (N1) after removing your name and address and the claim number.

Which Solicitor / Legal Representative is PRA using, you should send a copy of the request to them as well (no).

Also send the solicitors a request under the provisions of Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 (no fee) this is specifically for the documents mentioned in the particulars of claim, use signed for post.

Please give us some history of the debt e.g. The default date/date of last payment.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by brigo View Post
      the claimant claims the sum of 8511.19 for debt and interest. On the 29/04/08 the defendant entered into an a
      agreement with MBNA for a credit card under ref xxxxxxxxxxxx. On 27/2/10 the dfendant defaulted on the agreement with an outstanding balance of 8140.50 . On the 29/2/12 the debt 8140.50 asigned to Aktive Kapital
      Portfolio AS,Oslo,Zug Branch, who itself assignedthe debt to PRA Group (uk LTD) on 31/12/14. Notices of assignment were sent to the defendant in acordance with S136 law of property act 1925. payments of £51 recieved up to31/5/16 AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS 1.the sum of 8084.50 2.Statuary interest pursuant to Section 69 of the county courtAct 1984 at a rate of 8.00% per annum from 31/5/16 to 27/1/17 426.69 and thereafter at a daily rate of 1.77 until judgement or sooner payment

Surgit Gida
      Was this MBNA credit card account opened online? I see from the POC that they are saying it was opened in 2008. If you can remember the circumstances of how you opened the account that would be helpful.

You've posted that the claim form is signed by Surgit Gida as Legal Representative. This means that PRA have not instructed external solicitors since he is currently their Interim Head of Litigation (a solicitor). This means your CCA Request and your CPR 31.14 Request should be sent direct to PRA who will be dealing with the claim in-house.

They say you were paying £51 per month up until 31st May 2016 (i.e. last year). Does this mean you had an ATP or were in a DMP etc? They say you were defaulted on 27/02/10 so presumably that was as a result of not making the full monthly contractual payments.

You have 19 days from the claim Issue Date to file your AOS which you have done. Your Defence deadline is 33 days from the claim Issue Date so there's time to do some research first.

So send a Subject Access Request to MBNA to get the full history of the account enabling you to assess the 'honesty and accuracy' of any documents produced by the Claimant along the line.

Did you have PPI on this credit card?

Di
      Last edited by Diana M; 5th February 2017, 11:10:AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Thanky ou for your replies
        I am not that good on computers so please be patient.

Comment

I am not that good on computers
          Me neither

Di

Comment

I have already posted details but I seemed to have lost it somewhere.

I lost my job in 2007 and even though I am working be it on half the money I once earned so paying these old debts just seem impossible.

I have been paying £1 for years along with 5 or is it 6 others.

I presume the £51 is all of the £1's added up.

I think it was originaly virgin money.

You mention the green box !! the only green box I can see is Whats New and dosnt have
            template letters in,

Sorry if Im a bit dosey but computers are not my thing

Thanks again for your help

Brigo

Comment

You mention the green box !! the only green box I can see is Whats New and dosnt have
              template letters in,
              Someone on this forum should link you to the template letters which they use. It's Sunday so things are quiet at the moment.

Di

Comment

I think it was originaly virgin money.
                That's useful to know since the POC state it was MBNA

Di

Comment

Hi

'Someone', at your service
                  http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...it-Court-Claim
                  Details of CCA & CPR requests can be obtained via this link.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you

Comment

I have written a cca and cpr and will post tomorrow,thanks for the help.

Is there anything else I should do ???
                      Last edited by brigo; 5th February 2017, 20:36:PM.

Comment

Shall I write statutory fee only on the postal order ,?

Or the name of the Company and statutory fee only ?

sorry if this sounds daft but dont want to give them any excuses.

Thanks

Comment

Can anybody advise me please

PRA today rang me at work. How they got my work number is beyond me !!!

Is there anything I can do to stop them contacting me at work.

Comment

PRA today rang me at work. How they got my work number is beyond me !.
                            Did PRA ring your personal mobile while you were at work or did they ring your office (direct line or switchboard asking for you by name)?

Was the 'work' number they called provided by you on your credit application form?

Di

Comment

I have written a cca and cpr and will post tomorrow,thanks for the help.

Is there anything else I should do ???
                              Did you send those requests on 6th February?

And have you sent a SAR to MBNA yet?

Just checking

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X