• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell county court letter please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell county court letter please help

Originally posted by sammyb View Post
    Just to be sure I am posting CPR31.14 to the Lowell Solicitors?
    Then I can tick this as done also
    Send to the legal representative nominated on the N1 court claim form.
    (Who are they, btw?)
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you Charity and Mike.

I have finished CPR so that is ready to post, but as for the CCA I don't hold any correspondence from Lowells so no ref to go on this so will just use my name as the reference.

Many thanks, I really appreciate all of your help

- - - Updated - - -

Lowell Solicitors Limited, it is a PO Box

Comment

SAR goes to Provident's Head Office address with a £10 postal order and stating they have 40 days to reply?

Lowell's solicitors are themselves by the looks of it just a PO Box address and the name is Lowell Solicitors Limited

Comment

SAR goes to Provident's Head Office address with a £10 postal order and stating they have 40 days to reply?
          You have a right of access to a copy of the personal data we hold about you for a fee of £10. Please write to the Information Request Officer, Provident Personal Credit Limited, No 1 Godwin Street, Bradford, BD1 2SU enclosing a cheque payable to Provident Personal Credit Ltd and providing as much information as possible to enable us to locate your information.
          https://www.providentpersonalcredit.com/privacy/

Lowell's solicitors are themselves by the looks of it just a PO Box address and the name is Lowell Solicitors Limited
          Ok, send it to them.
          ####
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Will a postal order be ok as I don't have a cheque book

Comment

Will a postal order be ok as I don't have a cheque book
              Yep!
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

You are a star, thank you so much for your help so far. Off to the Post Office for me

Comment

Thank you so much for sending your experience, has made me feel that I am definitely doing the right thing by fighting them 🙂
                  Definitely 😎

Comment

All forms sent off so I guess I wait for responses because I don't actually have a defence unless something they send proves the loan is statue barred like I think it is

Comment

Keep that potential SB in mind.
                      Unless they can prove otherwise, you'll need to add it to your defence.
                      & it will be for them to prove that it is not SB, not for you to prove that it is. (although any supporting evidence you can supply to show that it is definitely SB will help).
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Ok thank you 🙂

Comment

many years ago I got into a lot of debt through a doorstep burglar disguised as a provident loaner. I had these loans for many years, which thanks to this one person grew bigger and bigger.
                          I remain intrigued by your first post about the "burglar". I think some sleuthing around this issue may be worth your while.

There was anther thread on this forum where Provident took back the debt sold to Lowells once it was established that the doorstep collector may have acted inappropriately.

So what makes you think the collector was a burglar?

Did you report it to Provident at the time, even on the phone?

Did you report it to the police at the time?

Did Provident say or do anything which may have acknowledged that fact (your money going AWOL)?

Tell us the full story behind all this

Di

Comment

Hi everyone.

So today I received my SAR back from Provident stating I need to provide two forms of identification before they can process my request. Can I send photocopies? Because I don't really want to send my passport etc to them.

Also I received a letter from Lowell Solicitors with the following
                            "The above account was a former Provident account taken out on 7 October 2011 that was legally assigned to our client, Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd. The last payment was made on 7 August 2012 for the amount of £10.00. Due to non payment, the account defaulted on 11 March 2013."
                            It also included a couple of letters dated 13 December 2016 one from Lowell Solicitors Ltd and the other from Lowell portfolio saying they are passing to their Solicitors.

What should I do in response to these, also I'm confused on where to even start with my defence 😳

Help please

Comment

Anyone???

Comment

It's fairly common for a creditor to want identity proof when requesting a SAR especially if you've moved address since you last dealt with them. Send them photocopies of your passport or photo driving licence and a copy of your council tax bill or recent utility bill.

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X