• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell county court letter please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell county court letter please help

Definitely feeling that way, knowledge is power after all. Thank you again

Do I need to ask for template letters or will someone just do that? Sorry never used any type of forum before so unsure of how it works.

Every day is a school day🙂

Comment

Lowell tried to take me to court for £7000 a debt over 10 years old. They had no proof or paper work. They sent court papers I filled them in and stated the facts I then got a court date in my local court (I asked for my local court in Cornwall in the court papers) They didn't turn up, the judge said ha ha they never turn up, He was hoping they would as they are a disgusting company. Lowell FISH for people with debts. 44% of people who receive a letter/summons from Lowell pay! Make sure you fill in the court papers and turn up, Make them prove you owe it. If they turn up and they wont, then offer a £1 a month lol Good luck and dont worry. Lowell are in West Yorkshire (Halifax and Leeds if you want to pop and see them!!!!

Comment

Thank you so much for sending your experience, has made me feel that I am definitely doing the right thing by fighting them 🙂

Comment

Ok so I have emailed and sent AOS today. What is the next step?

Many thanks 🙂

Comment

Originally posted by sammyb View Post
            Do I need to ask for template letters or will someone just do that? Sorry never used any type of forum before so unsure of how it works.
            The are a number of members who can help you with templates such as @MIKE770 [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] or any of Site Team who see your post.

Di

Comment

CPR 31.14 Request

CCA Request

- - - Updated - - -

Defence Example to use amend to suit, but post on here before submission for the peeps to advise or amend minus personal details

Comment

SAR to Provident
                http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ur-information

Keep copies of all correspondence & get proof of posting.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi thank you so much for your quick responses, with the CPR 31.14 what would be the date for filing my defence, 28 days from the date on the court's letter or 28 days from date I sent AOS?

Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Hi thank you so much for your quick responses, with the CPR 31.14 what would be the date for filing my defence, 28 days from the date on the court's letter or 28 days from date I sent AOS?Thank you

Comment

Also do I need to send a copy of this to the Solicitors acting on Lowell's behalf? I am presuming this due to the last paragraph in red on the CPR 31.14

And the CCA has a part for my account number, i have no idea what this is?
                    Sorry if I am being a pain, I just want to get it right first time

Thanks
                    Last edited by sammyb; 8th February 2017, 10:47:AM.

Comment

CPR31.14 to solicitors

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                      Hi sammyb

Atm, the first & best thing to do is acknowledge the court claim per the instructions provided in the claim pack asap.
                      You have 19 days (14 + 5 for post) from the claim issue date to do so, but there's no advantage in delaying.
                      Failure to do so risks a default judgment.

see above quote

- - - Updated - - -

First Steps have you read the procedure here? give you an insight

Comment

Issue date 2nd Feb + 33 days is deadline for the defence atm.
                        I make that 7th March (but it would be wise to check my dodgy math!)
                        They might accept the 28 day extension offered via your CPR request, in which case you'll need to recalculate the actual date when it comes to submitting your defence for court purposes.
                        However, the dates above will suffice for the CPR request.
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Now I'm confused -

I have sent AOS today so I have done that step

So next steps are -
                          CPR31.14 - to solicitors acting on Lowell's behalf
                          CAA & £1 postal order to Lowell Portfolio Ltd ( I don't have an account number for this letter so I am presuming just leave that part blank)
                          SAR to provident

Sorry getting very muddled

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you charity

Comment

Just to be sure I am posting CPR31.14 to the Lowell Solicitors?
                            Then I can tick this as done also

Comment

Originally posted by sammyb View Post
                              Now I'm confused -

I have sent AOS today so I have done that step
                              Good.

So next steps are -
                              CPR31.14 - to solicitors acting on Lowell's behalf
                              CAA & £1 postal order to Lowell Portfolio Ltd ( I don't have an account number for this letter so I am presuming just leave that part blank) There should be some kind of reference no.; Lowells own ref on letters?
                              SAR to provident
                              All correct, but see above re ref no.

Sorry getting very muddled
                              You wanted to know what the defence deadline date is to state it in your CPR request.
                              Hi thank you so much for your quick responses, with the CPR 31.14 what would be the date for filing my defence, 28 days from the date on the court's letter or 28 days from date I sent AOS?
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

yes CPR solicitors, also copy CCA1974 you send to lowells for their file

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X