• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim Form just received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Claim Form just received

I have just received the above via Lowell Solucitors for an unpaid doorstep loan from Provident.

I am pretty sure the debt is statute barred as I have not made any payments for several years. Unfortunately I can't prove my last payment date as the repayments were cash & therefore not recorded on any bank statements.

Having checked my Credit Report the default date is 23/03/2011 & as creditors don't usually serve a default until 3 to 6 months after a missed payment, does this mean it's definitely statute barred ?

I only have 14 days so not sure whether I should contest the loan & take the risk it is barred, or admit it & offer to pay in instalments. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: County Court Claim Form just received

First Steps

- - - Updated - - -

First Steps

[MENTION=61310]diana[/MENTION]M [MENTION=1937]nemisis[/MENTION]45 @charitynjw

Comment

Should I also include a statute barred letter at this stage to contest the fact that I'm sure the debt is over the 6 years & therefore not enforceable ?

Comment

CCA Request || CPR 31.14 Request

send these

have you acknowledge thru MCOL the claim on line and defend all??
        @dianaM @nemisis45 @rob @charitynjw

Comment

if they issued a claim then you must respond now? no letter is going to stop them at this stage?

Comment

Hi & welcome to LB

As @MIKE770 has said, acknowledge the court claim asap. (& within 19 days of the court claim issue date).
            There's no advantage in delaying, & you risk a default judgement if you don't acknowledge.
            Also, get those CCA & CPR requests sent.
            None of this will bar you from making an offer later in the proceedings.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

If it were me I'd also SAR Provident.
              You have a right of access to a copy of the personal data we hold about you for a fee of £10. Please write to the Information Request Officer, Provident Personal Credit Limited, No 1 Godwin Street, Bradford, BD1 2SU enclosing a cheque payable to Provident Personal Credit Ltd and providing as much information as possible to enable us to locate your information.
              http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ur-information
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by suziebear365 View Post
                I am pretty sure the debt is statute barred as I have not made any payments for several years. Unfortunately I can't prove my last payment date as the repayments were cash & therefore not recorded on any bank statements..
                The repayments would have been cash but the doorstep collector should have entered them into a record book on your behalf.

I've seen some other ex-Provident doorstep loan claims recently where the collector collected the money/cash but failed to pass it on to Provident and the record books vanished into thin air.

Can you remember if you paid off the loan or did the collector stopped coming so there was a balance outstanding? Or did you have a change of collector etc?

Definitely file the AOS online stating you intend to defend all of the claim.

It would have been a regulated loan so sending for the creditor agreement is paramount.

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X