• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Private Parking Solutions (london) Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Parking Solutions (london) Ltd

My husband received a parking Charge Notice from this company for parking on the side of Sainsburys (the land is also used by Essso Garage)

We have parked there for years when using Sainsburys and have never had any problems but there is a sign that says Private land permit holders only.

I am hearing different things from different people and just want to know if i have to pay them?

Can anyone please give me a little advice.

Thank you.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Private Parking Solutions (london) Ltd

Hello, I'll tag [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] to assist when he can but on the face of it, they appear to have admitted in the letter that a permit was required and if the signage says private land permit holders only, then it would constitute a trespass not a contractual term, because the sign forbids anyone from parking without a permit and so it would appear that they may have no claim against your husband or whoever was driving at the time.

Did you take any photos of the signage around where the car was parked?
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

On the pictures they provided it is a little blurry so I have wrote down below what I can see. I will get a picture later.

I can see this:

PARKING NOTICE
      PRIVATE LAND PERMIT HOLDERS ONLY
      THIS AREA IS MONITORED 24 HOURS A DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK

Unauthorsied parking by means of not showing a clearly displayed valid permit in the windscreen will result in a parking charge notice of £100 being issued (reduced to £60 if payment recied within 14 days)

Vehicles must not be parked on yellow lines/footpaths and not cause an obstruction of any kind.

Blue badge holder must display a valid parking permit.

All card payments are subject to a £1.50 processing charge.

If the parking charge notice is not paid within 28 days vehicle keeper details may be requested from the DVLA and further legal action may be taken. which may incure additional charges.

Comment

Seems like you are passed their appeal deadline.

Speak to Sainsbury management.

Also if the driver was not the registered keeper then they have a problem with the notice to keeper.

As R0b says the signage cannot create a contract see #35 & 36 http://www.parking-prankster.com/case-law.html

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X