Thread: Parking eye appeal rejected - won

• Display

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Default Parking eye appeal rejected - won

Hi all

a bit of advice if possible please

My partner and I had a baby 4 weeks ago and the hospital in question is run by "parking eye". I purchased a weeks worth of parking as I wasn't sure how long I would need and thought it would be safer.

Anyway to to cut a long story short, my partner ended up having a emergency c-section but was still discharged from hospital the next day so my parking ticket had plenty of life left in it.

On on the day of her discharge I parked in the main car park until she was ready to leave. When we was told by the midwife we could go and she would just go and get the paperwork for us to take home, I went and loaded the car up and moved it to the drop off/pick up area which had a 20 minute rule. I then walked back to the ward (which bearing in mind is the other side of the hospital) to find the midwife got called away so we ended up waiting a extra few minutes. Then coupled with the fact we had to walk back from the other side of the hospital, bearing in mind my partner had a major operation the day before we ended up (according to parking eye) 11 minutes over.

I have appealled stating the above and I sent a copy of the parking ticket yet they have rejected it saying it's not enough evidence.

what other evidence do they want apart from a photo of my partners cut across her tummy? A picture of our baby? Well both of which isn't happening lol.

I know I can further appeal via POPLA but what are my chances?

Thanks in advance

VIP Member

Mentions
    3 Post(s)

Default Re: Parking eye appeal rejected

Hi, I'm not an expert but have been in similar situation. If you get the ward she was on to contact them or give you a letter saying you were detained because of midwife being called away, I would think that would be enough.

VIP Member

Mentions
    127 Post(s)

Complain to PALS at the hospital and get them to order PE to cancel

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elaineg View Post
    Hi, I'm not an expert but have been in similar situation. If you get the ward she was on to contact them or give you a letter saying you were detained because of midwife being called away, I would think that would be enough.
    Thanks I'll give that a go

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ostell View Post
    Complain to PALS at the hospital and get them to order PE to cancel
    I never thought of that, thank you

VIP Member

Mentions
    811 Post(s)

If that doesn't work or they are slow getting back to you http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...521#post636521 should be proceeded with as the deadlines will be approaching. Hopefully PALS will work though.

M1
    ********************************Signature********* ************************

Private messages are off as all help on this site is on board.

Please note i am now pretty much without access/time to help 5 days a week. Others will hopefully help you.

I can only help with what you tell me. Post up information (other than names and addresses!).

I NEVER enter any appeals or court documentation on your behalf. This is your responsibility.

Upload images to your thread like this .Email kati@legalbeagles.info if you can't upload images/documents. She doesn't own a crystal ball as far as i'm aware so link to your thread or tell her how to find it !

If you want to tell someone YOU were driving, go to confession.

I,I,I,I,I,I should be avoided unless you are Jim Diamond.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Would it hurt if i appealed to popla anyway while im waiting to hear back from PALS?

I sent the hospitals PALS service a email yesterday explaining everything so im awaiting their reply. Even if they cant get the fine/charge cancelled im hoping they can back me up with the distance to the ward, that my other half was there and the fact of having to get through the security on the maternity ward.

Another thing i have remembered that i didnt put in the original appeal, is that it was freezing fog so the visibility was the vest. Can i still use that fact in the appeal to popla?

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Well a little update

The PALS service at the hospital understand our situation and have got in touch with the car parking side, passing all information onto them so hopefully this is getting sorted

VIP Member

Mentions
    811 Post(s)

Still, make sure they don't let this run passed the deadline.

M1
    ********************************Signature********* ************************

Private messages are off as all help on this site is on board.

Please note i am now pretty much without access/time to help 5 days a week. Others will hopefully help you.

I can only help with what you tell me. Post up information (other than names and addresses!).

I NEVER enter any appeals or court documentation on your behalf. This is your responsibility.

Upload images to your thread like this .Email kati@legalbeagles.info if you can't upload images/documents. She doesn't own a crystal ball as far as i'm aware so link to your thread or tell her how to find it !

If you want to tell someone YOU were driving, go to confession.

I,I,I,I,I,I should be avoided unless you are Jim Diamond.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

No im still going to appeal via popla

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Sorry I thought I had updated this

anyway the hospital PALS service came up trumps and we got a letter from parking eye stating the charge had been cancelled. Then a few days later a letter from POPLA stating the same