• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

General form of order or judgement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General form of order or judgement

I have received a letter from County Court stating before district judge Nisha sitting at Brentford,
    Upon hearing the Counsel for the Claimant and the Defendants not attending, it is ordered that

1. The Defendant <that's me in this case> application dated 9/11/16 has been dismissed.
    2. Judgement for the claimant against the 3 defendants in the sum of a) debt £18,000 b) interest £1031
    3. Costs fixed on default judgement entered at £1,333.98 and costs of this application summarily assessed at £700 by 6/2/17.

( Please note - As I was travelling for the last 3 months , I couldn't attend the hearing , and then I receive this letter)

Could someone please help me understand what this means and what should I do? Have I lost this case completely or could I appeal? Is this a CCJ?
    Tags: None

Re: General form of order or judgement

Originally posted by nicaro135 View Post
    I have received a letter from County Court stating before district judge Nisha sitting at Brentford,
    Upon hearing the Counsel for the Claimant and the Defendants not attending, it is ordered that

1. The Defendant <that's me in this case> application dated 9/11/16 has been dismissed.
    2. Judgement for the claimant against the 3 defendants in the sum of a) debt £18,000 b) interest £1031
    3. Costs fixed on default judgement entered at £1,333.98 and costs of this application summarily assessed at £700 by 6/2/17.

( Please note - As I was travelling for the last 3 months , I couldn't attend the hearing , and then I receive this letter)

Could someone please help me understand what this means and what should I do? Have I lost this case completely or could I appeal? Is this a CCJ?
    What was the claim for such as a debt or a disputed invoice etc?

I note there are/were three Defendants and you weren't able to attend the hearing, but did the other two Defendants attend?

What was the application you made and do you know why it may have been dismissed?

£18k is not a small amount of money so you need to get to the bottom of this before the Claimant decides to move towards enforcement of this CCJ.

A little more background would help

I see you have started three threads on this issue so maybe they need to be merged to avoid confusion.

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X