• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow global - how long on credit report?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow global - how long on credit report?

Hi,

I'm new to this page. I'm currently trying to repair my credit report as I would like to buy a house in the future. I've been looking at my credit report to try and see what I need to do to sort it out. I've got a couple of defaults and I know they drop off after 6 years but there are 3 accounts with arrow global that show late payment. Can anyone tell me when these account will come off my report? There is no default but I've been paying these accounts for about 4 years at a smaller amount. With it being a collection agency when will they be removed from my report? Or do I have to wait 6 years after I've settled the account?
    Hope this makes sense.

Thank you 😊
    Tags: None

Re: Arrow global - how long on credit report?

It will be 6 years after the accounts are settled.

However, you may want to consider if a default date should be added - this may sound peverse, but if a date of a long time a go is added, they may drop off your record sooner, see https://debtcamel.co.uk/debt-default-date/.

This doesn't change the fact that if you want to buy a house, these debts have to be settled. But it may mean that you could consider making a full & final settlement.

Comment

Originally posted by misskimmyxx View Post
      Hi,

I'm new to this page. I'm currently trying to repair my credit report as I would like to buy a house in the future. I've been looking at my credit report to try and see what I need to do to sort it out. I've got a couple of defaults and I know they drop off after 6 years but there are 3 accounts with arrow global that show late payment. Can anyone tell me when these account will come off my report? There is no default but I've been paying these accounts for about 4 years at a smaller amount. With it being a collection agency when will they be removed from my report? Or do I have to wait 6 years after I've settled the account?
      Hope this makes sense.

Thank you 😊

Hi,

Is Arrow Global listed as the creditor on your credit file?

It would be unusual for them to acquire debts that had not already been defaulted by the original creditors.

What type of accounts are these and which companies were the original creditors?
      Were you paying the creditors on a payment plan when AG took over?

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
        Hi,

Is Arrow Global listed as the creditor on your credit file?

It would be unusual for them to acquire debts that had not already been defaulted by the original creditors.

What type of accounts are these and which companies were the original creditors?
        Were you paying the creditors on a payment plan when AG took over?

nem
        It was a catalog account with very. I've been on a debt management plan for about 4 years paying this account off. I thought the same with it being passed over to a collection agency but there is no default registered on the account which I though odd also. Just a few late payments.

Comment

It was a catalog account with very. I've been on a debt management plan for about 4 years paying this account off. I thought the same with it being passed over to a collection agency but there is no default registered on the account which I though odd also. Just a few late payments.
          Which catalogue company was this?
          This in my opinion is unfair because it puts you at a disadvantage compared to a debtor who makes no effort to clear a debt but gets the default entry removed after 6 years paid or not.

It's the catalogue company that should be challenged on this.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
            Which catalogue company was this?
            This in my opinion is unfair because it puts you at a disadvantage compared to a debtor who makes no effort to clear a debt but gets the default entry removed after 6 years paid or not.

It's the catalogue company that should be challenged on this.

nem
            Hi,

It was an account with shop direct - very.
            I was thinking the same thing about how unfair this is. I wish I'd have just stopped paying till I got a default instead of trying to be responsible and try to pay it off. 😡 Is there anything I can do about it?

Comment

Hi,

It was an account with shop direct - very.
              I was thinking the same thing about how unfair this is. I wish I'd have just stopped paying till I got a default instead of trying to be responsible and try to pay it off.  Is there anything I can do about it?
              You can challenge bot SD and Arrow Global on the " unfair " use of Late Payment markers instead of a default ( I have done this in the past).

1st. You need to check when you entered into the DMP to give an idea as to when the default actually occurred.

The information Commissioners Office has a view on the use of " late payment markers" and arrangement to pay markers" instead of defaultin account.

If you Goggle "ICO Technical Guidance On Defaults" you can see what guidance the ICO has published.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X